1500 2wd leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
that can be corrected with air shocks or helper bags ... correct ???

So, your saying spend like $500 for a 4"drop, but then use the bags it bring that drop upto a 2"

when shackles can be done for about $50? and you dont have to go through the horrible task of changing hangers.

He is asking what is the cheapest way to lower his truck (and sounds like he thinks $50 shackles are too much)...

i dont get it.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, your saying spend like $500 for a 4"drop, but then use the bags it bring that drop upto a 2"

when shackles can be done for about $50? and you dont have to go through the horrible task of changing hangers.

He is asking what is the cheapest way to lower his truck (and sounds like he thinks $50 shackles are too much)...

i dont get it.
Didn't mean to piss you off brother ... It was only a suggestion verses going through all of the trouble of busting the leaf springs apart (cheap way out)

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Didn't mean to piss you off brother ... It was only a suggestion verses going through all of the trouble of busting the leaf springs apart (cheap way out)

I aint pissed, haha, wording doesn't come across good online :lol:

i agree with ya on the springs, he should at least do shackles.

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya im going to go with 2 inch drop shackles,I know that's the cheapest route.And $50 isn't too much at all lol.Removing a spring isn't a bad idea and free,but I wouldn't want it to be too soft for cornering like the one guy said.

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just noticed that my rear leaf spring pack only has 4 springs,Im wondering if someone has removed one in the past.The clamps on the side of the springs look like there was an additional spring.

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I did shackles and hangers,couldnt I just get drop springs from the front,or cut a coil off the stock springs