1500 2wd leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the cheapest way to lower/level the rear of my 2wd 1500? I know they make the drop shackles but is there a cheaper way

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And you'll find that your drop shackles probably won't level it... I'm going to end up taking out the overload spring on mine to finish the level.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
You can take a leaf out the leaf springs. That will drop you 2" in the rear and would be free. It'll ride better but you'll loose payload. Your leaf spring should have 4 leafs total including the overload (which is the bottom one). You want to take out the center one of the top 3 leafs.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I took the '98's overload springs out. They're going back in! Although it's load carrying days are over.
For what I use it for, I've found that without them, the springs have lost that last bit of extra tension that keeps it off of the bump stops when tossing it into corners. In long sweepers, the back is too soft when compared to the front, & the rear starts to pogo.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I say leave the leaf springs alone, install some shackles, hangers, and Air shock / helper bag it to the level you want it to ride ...