15" rims on K2500 8 lug?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I'm in the process of buying a 98 K2500 8 lug truck (14 bolt SF). I know it has 16" rims from the factory. I have a set of tires and rims I would love to put on, but they are 15". They are also 6 lug, they were off of my old truck, so obviously i'd need adapters, which I found online for approx $250. The rims already have a pretty small backspacing, and the adapters would make them stick out another 2" so I don't know if that would make any difference. I have a C2500 14 bolt SF on my project and that clears 15's fine, but I dont know if the 8 lug drums are bigger or not. Also i'm not sure if they would clear the front calipers. Any help would be great!

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
15s won't fit without a fair amount of grinding on the front calipers I think; and the rear drums are larger than 6-lug 14B SF I believe, someone with a further amount of knowledge can step in and clarify.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I might end up starting out and buying a pair of adapters to see how it goes, and if it doesn't work out I'll just try and return them, or pop them back on eBay for a few bucks cheaper.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
This isn't a terribly good pic, but I can't get my finger's between my caliper and wheel.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
The drums on a 8600 truck are 13.5" BTW, they're huge, ridiculously huge.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
This isn't a terribly good pic, but I can't get my finger's between my caliper and wheel.

You must be registered for see images attach
Well maybe you just have gorilla fingers haha :p Its a bummer because I had the exact same rims already in 8 lug, in 16.5", but I sold them because I didn't think i'd get a 2500 anytime soon, and wanted the money for my '93 project. Someone locally on craigslist is selling the exact same ones for $750, but I don't want to spend that much, and would have to then buy tires.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I want steel wheels, kinda far down my list at the moment though lol.

You might be able to grind the caliper, I'm not really sure, maybe grinding and spacer's would do it. In the rear though, the drums are pretty huge.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Yeah, i'm hopeful that I can use the rims, but am kind of hesitant to buy a pair of adapters in case they don't work. I wouldn't mind doing little grinding if thats all it took.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Well, you already have the wheels, throw them on when the truck get's there and see how bad it is.