13.6 Inch 2019 Silverado rotor conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Late update, but it should be the final one. Everything is bolted up and working great.

I bought 2020 silverado 18" stock wheels to fit over the calipers, but I believe that some 17" wheels would indeed fit.

The only gotcha that I found was that I needed 24" long brake lines to reach the new caliper, I went with a Russel braided SS line from summit.

No issues running the stock master cylinder and ABS with the new calipers.

This upgrade changed these aspects:
-4.5% caliper piston area increase
-17% longer moment arm to the caliper
-70% more thermal mass in the rotor
-increased brake pad area for longer life.

Any questions, feel free to drop them below.

You must be registered for see images attach

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So,to be clear,that big honking rotor won't fit UNLESS you swap over to a custom caliper setup as well eh?

Correct. The original mount on the knuckle is designed to fit the 11.6" factory rotor only. The factory caliper will not work with any increased diameter rotor.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Getting closer. Waiting on wheels to bolt everything up.

Great job!

Is that an FEM/FEA program? It would be really helpful if you could post a drawing with dimensions of your adapter. I doubt a lot of guys here have a mill or machinist knowledge, but with a drawing they could take it to a machine shop to get it fabricated. We are always looking for upgrades/mods to our trucks.

Please post any feedback on the mods after you get a chance to test it!

Ricky8680

Reaction score
Gonna tap this dead horse here. If anyone can throw up a measurement of the space between caliper ears,I can probably design a bracket at work. I just can't use my knuckles bc my truck is a dd and between 2 jobs I don't have time atm to go tear them off and do some sketching.

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please note the following print is for academic use only and is not approved for street use. I take no responsibility to personal or external injury or damages if these prints are used to manufacture parts for a vehicle.

The sketches do not include all dimensions, the only real critical dimensions are the distance and diameters for the 4 the holes. The rest can be done by eye.

I used a 1:1 printout (pg 3) to overlay the print over the dykem'd bar stock to scribe out the lines for the rest of the clearance cuts. Hope this helps.

WB

Attachments

• adapter.pdf
    122.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: