13.6 Inch 2019 Silverado rotor conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THANKS for this. I must have missed it the first time around. Outstanding blueprints/drawings posted. I shamelessly stole copies on my hard-drive.

Curious how the newer wheels compare to the originals in terms of backspace/offset.

What was the original brake system on the truck? JB5?

The older trucks that had JN3 used different hubs, I suspect but don't know for sure that folks starting with JN3 brakes would first have to upgrade to JN/JB5 hubs to get the rotor spacing correct. And again, the older trucks with RWAL won't have front speed sensors which may/may not be important.

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
THANKS for this. I must have missed it the first time around. Outstanding blueprints/drawings posted. I shamelessly stole copies on my hard-drive.

Curious how the newer wheels compare to the originals in terms of backspace/offset.

What was the original brake system on the truck? JB5?

The older trucks that had JN3 used different hubs, I suspect but don't know for sure that folks starting with JN3 brakes would first have to upgrade to JN/JB5 hubs to get the rotor spacing correct. And again, the older trucks with RWAL won't have front speed sensors which may/may not be important.
My RPO tag is really torn up but I am fairly certain it came as a JB5 setup. Any other external indicators for that system? I have the old calipers buried somewhere that I can find if it's a piston diameter thing.

The link to the specs are Here.

My first trip to the junkyard, I accidentally grabbed a pair of uprights knuckles that didn't have the speed sensor mounting accommodations. It may have been from a PU year where the 4WAL wasn't an option. Other than the missing mounting for the sensor, they appeared identical.

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My RPO tag is really torn up but I am fairly certain it came as a JB5 setup. Any other external indicators for that system? I have the old calipers buried somewhere that I can find if it's a piston diameter thing.
My concern with the brake option code is only due to the difference in the hubs. The really-crappy JN3 brakes were discontinued in the early '90s--'91, perhaps. JN3 had a single-diaphragm "pancake" booster. The JB5 has a dual-diaphragm booster with much more power.

You must be registered for see images attach

The link to the specs are Here.
Thanks for that.

My first trip to the junkyard, I accidentally grabbed a pair of uprights that were from a pickup of the same year as my burb, but I believe the PUs got the 4 wheel antilock system later. Other than the missing mounting for the sensor, they appeared identical.
Sounds right. The pickups had RWAL through '91. But "uprights" are more of a Mickey Phearson-strut term. You're dealing with "steering knuckles".

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My concern with the brake option code is only due to the difference in the hubs. The really-crappy JN3 brakes were discontinued in the early '90s--'91, perhaps. JN3 had a single-diaphragm "pancake" booster. The JB5 has a dual-diaphragm booster with much more power.

Thanks for that.

Sounds right. The pickups had RWAL through '91. But "uprights" are more of a Mickey Phearson-strut term. You're dealing with "steering knuckles".

So what did 92-95 look like for ABS? I was under the impression 88-95 was RWAL and 96-00 was 3 channel 4 wheel ABS?

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Thanks for that.

My booster is a JB5, helpful clarification for someone else looking to do this. And yes, you're right on the Macpherson terminology, negative crossover from an old occupation. Thanks!