12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJ Lara

Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
I would like to see about getting 2 pin out spreadsheets:
One for a 96 chevy with a 5.7 v8, with a nv3500 manual transmission
A second spreadsheet for a 98 GMC with a 5.7 v8 with a automatic, 4L60E transmission
I would like to get the spreadsheets for both of these vehicles for a 411pcm swap. Please leg us know if your able to do this and how much it will cost and how long?

project97obs

Reaction score
If i remember right i was told it only needs to be done once.

Just did the 0411 swap on my 98 k1500. I see the need for a crank relearn, getting occasional missfires that didnt happen prior to swap. Once relearn is done, I assume i can continue to tune with no issues? i hope it doesn't need a relearn after every time i upload calibration with PCMHammer.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lextech doesn't seem to frequent this board anymore. I was able to dig around and found his email from another forum and he responded quickly.

I won't post it up here, but send me a PM and I'll give you his email.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not trying to make an actual tuning business because of limited free time, but if anyone needs their P01/P59 reflashed, I can rework your 0411 or P59 and ship back to you in the lower 48 for $150 shipped USPS. I have a small stash of good P01 0411s that I can sell outright flashed for 4.3, 305, 350 or LS for $250. Since it adds a bit of time, I can add electric fans, lean cruise if desired, flex fuel if desired on the P59 and tuning for mild upgrades for $50. I can set them up for the transmission you plan to run and you will not need to add the 4 wires from the PRNDL switch because I delete it and the PCM uses the internal switches in the transmission. If you want DBC with a P59 it has to be one that has IAC drivers. The IAC equipped models will also run our OBD2 Vortec A/C setup. I can write most of these with startup tunes for 2 & 3 bar speed density as well but I would recomeend finishing those with in-person tuning and not going into boost until it is fully tuned. As I said I am not trying to make a business out of this, just help my fellow GMT400 owners have an easy upgrade path. I have some spare connectors as well that I can let for $25 a pair too. PM me if interested.

Last edited:

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After emailing Lextech he got back to me with the purchase info within a few hours. After paying I had the spreadsheet in minutes.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh. i emailed him on this site and two others. Never got a response. I got lucky and after many hours of searching i found one.

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Huh. i emailed him on this site and two others. Never got a response. I got lucky and after many hours of searching i found one.
He never responded to my contact through this forum. Reluctanse PM'd me his direct contact info, and using that he responded quickly.

I've been comparing Lextech's data for my '98 7.4L to the LT1Swap data to see if there are differences.