12 bolt?? I need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
What I stated above is all I know about the 12-bolt rears, you'd have to make sure the track width is correct, leaf spring perch placement lines up, changing the gear pack and input or getting the rear of your driveshaft cut and fitted to a yoke that would fit the 12-bolt. Stuff like that, I'm about to head to a family get together(alot of fabricators in family), I'll pick some brains while I'm there for ya.

The big beast!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I was talking to a friend of mine and he said if I weld new leaf spring perches to the 81 12 bolt I can make it fit in my 95!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but the axle itself is narrower than your current axle. The 73-87 model trucks have a narrower track width than these. I dont remember by how much, but they are narrower. All this will do though is pull your wheels in towards the body, so if you have the room then it should work....

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yes, but the axle itself is narrower than your current axle. The 73-87 model trucks have a narrower track width than these. I dont remember by how much, but they are narrower. All this will do though is pull your wheels in towards the body, so if you have the room then it should work....

You may hve to use a wheel with a different offset.

The big beast!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya I was thinking about some offset rims for the back, but I think a set of wheel spacers might work?!