1 5/8 primary tube shorty headers without air injection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wardi

Reaction score
Hey All - I'd like to put in a set of shorty headers on my 383 GM Performance crate engine. I'm just starting the mods, heading toward the 411 PCM and marine intake, but am starting with the headers. I think the long tubes are more than I need/want, at least at this point (and might draw too much attention from the smog test guy), so I'm thinking of just going with the shortys. Anyway, having a 2000 Z71 Tahoe, I don't have any air injection system. But it seems hard to find a 1 5/8 primary tube set of headers without the air injection. I'd like the ceramic coated version, 3.8 flange, 16 or 14 gauge steel tubing, and I'd like the tubes welded all the way, or most of the way, around where tubes meet the mounting flange. I'd like the headers to have the EGR connection too, though I'll probably block that off.

Does anybody know if someone makes as set like this and what the part number is? Stainless steel would work too. I've been looking at Flowtech, Hedman, Pacesetter, JBA, Gibson, OBX, etc. etc. I just can't seem to find a set that have all I'm looking for. Am I over doing this? Is the 1 1/2 primary tube size enough?