1/2 ton diesel swap will the 4l60 hold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, well I fully expected the replies I got, I understand a built 350 making 300 plus HP would be easy, yes an LS swap would be cool, yes a 4bt would make far more power. With that being said I've owned 6.5's before, I know their disadvantage, I know what they're capable of. I did get my answers, yes it will bolt up and no it won't handle the horsepower. Now if we kindly keep my project and goals in mind what would it take to swap in a 6.5 and a 4l80e ( my 95 3/4 had a 4l80e) im thinking I would need a total wire harness. Or would I be farther ahead doing a 6.5 and an nv4500?

That's a gentlemans response
Well played sir

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
6.5 & nv4500 for sure. Then you'll be fighting frame strength and weight on the suspension in the front.

Suspension maybe
But I have seen a cummins in an S10
He didn't beef it
I think the 1500 frame would hold up fine
The ifs
I dunno

95Suburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were 6.5's offered from the factory in the two door Tahoe. Not sure on the trans that was married to it though. The 1500 chassis can handle it all day long.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Dwsmithhvac

Reaction score
Alright well here's another food for thought. Just because I'm an indecisive feller. What would it take. Dollar wise and labor wise to take my old worn out 350 and bring her back to life. I believe these things rated at 190hp from the factory? Is a goal of 250hp feasible? Talk to me guys. Also j came across a 6.2liter diesel locally low miles for $600 it would basically be drop in.