0411 pcm torque management

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pl813239

Reaction score
0411 swapped my 98 k1500 everything went well, while comparing files from the black box and the default express van template obviously some differences some of which ive went ahead and changed, my question would be when it comes to transmission torque management would I keep the same percentages to play it safe or could I input the percentages that I've previously had on my Blackbox that were lower then what's currently on the express template? Any input is appreciated thanks

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Assuming a 4L60E transmission, I would leave what the engineers put into the 0411. They knew what they were doing. My factory black box run 350 killed a 4L60E in 38K miles.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing I would do is look at the desired shift time table. Starting about 200 ft/lbs and above go to 0.300 msec on 1-2 and 0.250 msec on 2-3. This will help firm up the shifts under load without being overly aggressive.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Torque Reduction is really what he's asking about and I agree it should be left alone. All traces of Brake Torque Management on the other hand should absolutely be wiped out with hatred and prejudice.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Torque Reduction is really what he's asking about and I agree it should be left alone. All traces of Brake Torque Management on the other hand should absolutely be wiped out with hatred and prejudice.
If it has a converter I also alter the abuse mode to match the converter stall speed. Some eliminate it entirely but I alter it to work with the setup.

pl813239

Reaction score
Thank you for the input, any other adjustments that yall can recall when swapping to a 0411? Ive calibrated speedo and trans shift points and tcc lock up as well to the stock configuration of my bb and its worked well, my goal is to continue to get familiar with hptuners for a future build and tune.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There is a bit of power locked up in there in the form of fueling and timing, but you need to do some homework first. I'm not sure where to point you there, does the HPT forum have a bunch of stickies on VE/MAF/timing, logging, etc?

pl813239

Reaction score
I've done some reading on how to go about it, most of the hpt forum is heavily ls based info but the concept is the same. I have an aem wideband that I need to install which i know is essential, guess it'll be a learning experience as I go about it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Get that on first. IIRC your PE is going to be overly rich and the timing map should tolerate a couple global bumps before you start to see any knock activity. Your fuel choice will play a role there, but your fueling needs to be squared away before getting frisky with the timing. It should be close if you're stock, but the MAF table will need reworked as the vans have a different intake setup than the trucks.

pl813239

Reaction score
Will get on that before anything, I run premium all the time since I don't daily the truck, and stock timing is very conservative so there's room in that area. Realistically what should our target ratio be when pe is enabled? Did notice maf table is off from bb, I read somewhere that copying the bb box and pasting to the 411 can make it work, but I do notice that the scale itself only goes so high on bb and the values are tiny bit off rpm wise.