04 Escalade 6.0 AWD build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you switching to a higher amp alternator? All the 05+ truck I've seen in the yard have a 160 amp alternator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you switching to a higher amp alternator? All the 05+ truck I've seen in the yard have a 160 amp alternator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I know a few people with 03-04 trucks that just did the e-fans, harness and tuned the PCM and they work great, I’ll have to see I might have to upgrade mines a 145 amp if I have to upgrade NAPA sells a 200 amp one with wiring I’d probably get if I needed to upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I never upgraded, but after the fans run for a bit you can see the volts drop down in the 12 range. I never saw any change in mpg or feel when I did mine, that bearing in the fan clutch freewheels effortlessly.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installed the freshly painted gas door and touched up around where the bolts go came out pretty good

You must be registered for see images attach

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up the glove box light and wiring along with the wiring for the rear door lights off an 02 since my 04 Esky has neither

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So finally got around to lowering the Escalade today here’s a couple pics my mechanic sent me, went with a 2” spring in the rear and lowering keys up front, definitely thinking about going with a 3-4” spring in the rear, definitely looks a lot better

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How'd the alignment come out? I'm surprised that doesn't have bags that are free to lower out back.

I’ll know more about the alignment today when I go pick it up, that was the one thing he wasn’t able to do yesterday, if you referring to the auto ride shocks in the rear I got rid of the auto ride went with Bilstein shocks front and rear? That’s how high the front would have been too if I didn’t have the front lowering keys slightly turned down, I’m kinda kicking myself in the ass for not getting a 3” rear lowering spring cause with that or a 4” I think the rear would sit perfect

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My mom's van had those shocks, don't blame you for dumping them. The wife's Envoy Denali has actual bags with sensors you can play with to set the height. With yours being snazzier I didn't expect crappy air shocks.