Where the reg cab sub guys at?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just curious how y'all are putting y'all's subs into your ref cabs, I got 2 8s and not sure where to put them. I think for now behind the seat but I don't want them to hit the seat. How are y'all doin' it?
I didn't want to cut or modify anything, so I bought a Kicker Base Station. It looks like it was made for my truck and it sounds fantastic. (I replaced the factory speakers with Infinity reference speakers, same size, no mods)
You must be registered for see images attach

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive built a few enclosures for these trucks, and have always used regular depth 10s. You can get some extra room by dynamatting the back wall and using the back of the cab as the back of your sub box. Has worked well for me. That being said, my next box (for my own truck) will be built with 2 8s. Plenty of room for them, wont have to worry about not being able to get my seat all the way back, and they dont need as much air space-so the available airspace will allow them to hit harder.

I want to see this! I have 2 8's and i wanted them on my wall so this would probably help me out. Where are you putting the amp?

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to see this! I have 2 8's and i wanted them on my wall so this would probably help me out. Where are you putting the amp?

I'll probably mount it on the back wall offset to the passenger side. My wife doesn't appreciate bass as much as I do, so having a couple 8's on my side won't be a bad thing. I'll probably use an old 5 channel Memphis (4x40, 1x300) I have because it works so well, and my Memphis Belle would just be overkill in a standard cab.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, my God, did you just say Memphis Belle? I absolutely loved those amps. My favorite War bird, my favorite amp.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll probably mount it on the back wall offset to the passenger side. My wife doesn't appreciate bass as much as I do, so having a couple 8's on my side won't be a bad thing. I'll probably use an old 5 channel Memphis (4x40, 1x300) I have because it works so well, and my Memphis Belle would just be overkill in a standard cab.

So how are u going about the wall? I like the sound of being able to put my seat all the way back.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What you do, is build your box without a back. Obviously, you need to contour the bottom of the box to the floor and the back wall to achieve a good seal, but do your contouring after a couple layers of sound deadening. Your two ends, and at least a couple upright in between, can be screwed to the back wall. I will most likely pull my bed and screw straight into the frame from the back. Should give you enough air space for a pair of 10s, and still be able to run the seat all the way back.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would do a center console sub set up but I'm kind of stuck in a sticky situation. My interior is blue and I want to change to a gray and black interior before I lay a console down so I don't have to pick it up later. Don't really have the money for a whole lot of interior stuff like seats and carpet as I'm getting body work and stuff done. Will be done one day though, do like that console a lot though

Go to the auto parts store they have spray for fabric and plastic panels or buy one piece at a time.?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or you could make it blue now and recarpet it when you swap the rest of the interior. Not sure about the carpet, but interior vinyl isn't too expensive. I think it was only like $50 for enough to cover my center console, with plenty of extra for mistakes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers