Where the reg cab sub guys at?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only a couple rules when it comes to ports. never face the port to the sub, meaning don't have the sub on the front wall and port on the back wall facing each other. Make sure you have ample space between last port wall and main walls of the enclosure. I like the Aeroports on my console box for my nnbs. it was easy to use and install, the calculator on precision ports website is awesome and easy to use. If you go slot port or vent make sure to round over the ends of the port and use a good sealer in all seams

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only a couple rules when it comes to ports. never face the port to the sub, meaning don't have the sub on the front wall and port on the back wall facing each other. Make sure you have ample space between last port wall and main walls of the enclosure. I like the Aeroports on my console box for my nnbs. it was easy to use and install, the calculator on precision ports website is awesome and easy to use. If you go slot port or vent make sure to round over the ends of the port and use a good sealer in all seams

I was planning on running the inner edges of the port on a router to round them off, and then using a sander to flare them as much as possible before installation. Is Liquid Nails a good sealer? I've been researching how to build ported boxes for over a week now (never built a box before, ported or otherwise, just figured, if I'm going to spend the time, I'm going to go all out), and almost everybody says Liquid Nails is the sealer to use. Also, is it better to use nails or screws for construction? I have no idea why that would matter since the glue is what's holding the box together, but maybe you can weigh in?

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before I built a center console box or switched to a nbs center console with a stealth box i used a downfire box with it facing the back wall, the lip around the edges pushed it off the back wall about 2 inches and since it was angled down the back still allowed me to push seat back, had m3 seats so hard plastic backs mashed into the cone would be bad for business... too bad I can't fit my 10w7s behind the seat..

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before I built a center console box or switched to a nbs center console with a stealth box i used a downfire box with it facing the back wall, the lip around the edges pushed it off the back wall about 2 inches and since it was angled down the back still allowed me to push seat back, had m3 seats so hard plastic backs mashed into the cone would be bad for business... too bad I can't fit my 10w7s behind the seat..

I'm blessed with an extended cab, I just don't feel like sacrificing my back seat for subs. That's my dogs space, and I shall not infringe...

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha I'm pretty sure if I had an extended cab I'd be deaf, would have tried to squeeze 4-15s or 6 10s, no backseat for me!

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha I'm pretty sure if I had an extended cab I'd be deaf, would have tried to squeeze 4-15s or 6 10s, no backseat for me!

I honestly thought about ripping out the back and putting 3 10s in there (I like the response of smaller subs), but then I thought about my poor dog all over my girlfriends lap while I drive, nodding my head to the music. I couldn't do it to them, I had to find another way...

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Liquid nails is fine for construction. i take fiberglass resin and coat all inner seams, most people just go back and hit inner seams with caulk or more liquid nails.

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is very simple....
You must be registered for see images attach

Houses a jl audio 10w7 firing back against the wall... powered by an xd 1000/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is very simple....
You must be registered for see images attach

Houses a jl audio 10w7 firing back against the wall... powered by an xd 1000/1

Looks good, i want something that blends in with the rest of the interior like that. I think I'm going with vinyl over carpet though, since it'll double as an arm rest.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good, i want something that blends in with the rest of the interior like that. I think I'm going with vinyl over carpet though, since it'll double as an arm rest.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I still plan on installing cup holders in the front section. Just haven't found the ones I like yet.