97 Chevy C1500 Silverado Single Cab Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubnOneOut

Reaction score
You guys were so helpful with my Radiator last time, so I came back.
So now I'm tackling the 4x6s in the pillars behind the Driver and Passenger seats, which btw screw you Chevy for making them so difficult to get to.
I already have Kicker 6.5 components up front, and I have a Hide away Kicker 8in subwoofer I'm in the mist of installing.
So the Question is, have you guys had any luck with anything better than the 4x6 in the pillar? I don't mind doing a little bit of cutting, but I do see there is plenty of room behind where the 4x6 sit. I just want to be able to get the trim all back on, looking like factory again.
Any and all suggestions would be great.
Ty

RubnOneOut

Reaction score
just put kicker KS series 4x6's in, or unhook them
Any reason why the KS series than the CS Series? Im looking at Crutchfield and really all i see is the price differance. And the KS is the latest while the CS is the best of 2023/24

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any reason why the KS series than the CS Series?

From memory, the Kicker KS series has some desirable features that their more budget lines lack. Silk dome tweeters and real rubber (not foam) speaker surrounds to name a couple. The KS will sound smoother (and may live a little longer) than the CS.

I will say though, I have a pretty decent system in my single cab and my amp went out for the rear 4" components a couple years ago. I haven't done anything about it, and I haven't missed the rear speakers at all. You may want to save yourself the headache and just unhook the rear speakers if you already have a decent set of 6.5" components up front. I'm running some older DLS Reference series 6.5"s and they keep up with my subs just fine. You want the majority of the mids/highs coming from in front of you anyway.

RubnOneOut

Reaction score
From memory, the Kicker KS series has some desirable features that their more budget lines lack. Silk dome tweeters and real rubber (not foam) speaker surrounds to name a couple. The KS will sound smoother (and may live a little longer) than the CS.

I will say though, I have a pretty decent system in my single cab and my amp went out for the rear 4" components a couple years ago. I haven't done anything about it, and I haven't missed the rear speakers at all. You may want to save yourself the headache and just unhook the rear speakers if you already have a decent set of 6.5" components up front. I'm running some older DLS Reference series 6.5"s and they keep up with my subs just fine. You want the majority of the mids/highs coming from in front of you anyway.
Yeah, I already have everything torn down as I was doing a deep cleaning on the inside and the panels are off. TBH, I didn't even know they were there, but I do and while I'm in there, I'm going to replace them and run my 8in Hideaway sub under the seat. I see the Ks does have 25 more watts, but on crutchfield through their listening program you really can tell a difference and the CS sound a bit clearer.
Just didn't know if I could go a bit bigger on speaker than the 4x6. Never really been a fan of that size, but the price looks good.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I see the Ks does have 25 more watts, but on crutchfield through their listening program you really can tell a difference and the CS sound a bit clearer.

I really wouldn't trust that. I had to Google it as I couldn't believe they were actually doing speaker auditions online... I don't care how much research and development went into that program, I don't see how they're showing you what a speaker will sound like in person through another speaker. That seems all kinds of wrong.

I have no experience with the CS series, but I do with the KS and DS. I can tell you that the KS is certainly better sounding to my ears. If you've already got everything apart and want to put in some new speakers, I'd go with the KS simply for the rubber surrounds. They'll be more durable, and you'll have less risk of having to take everything apart and do it again in the future.

RubnOneOut

Reaction score
I really wouldn't trust that. I had to Google it as I couldn't believe they were actually doing speaker auditions online... I don't care how much research and development went into that program, I don't see how they're showing you what a speaker will sound like in person through another speaker. That seems all kinds of wrong.

I have no experience with the CS series, but I do with the KS and DS. I can tell you that the KS is certainly better sounding to my ears. If you've already got everything apart and want to put in some new speakers, I'd go with the KS simply for the rubber surrounds. They'll be more durable, and you'll have less risk of having to take everything apart and do it again in the future.
I don't ever plan on taking this thing apart again. Being a 97 OBS style, everything was already brittle. Def was tough getting things off. But it seems like it was off before for the back glass to be replaced.

ChRoNo16

Reaction score
From experience, I find the KS have a better more full sound, the CS arent bad but for me, if im doing it I want to do it once for quality sound and be done with it, too much disassembly

RubnOneOut

Reaction score
So update on the sound system I did for the head unit Pioneer DEH-S4220BT, front doors I went with Kicker 43DSC6504 and Kicker 46CST204 for the tweets. Rear column I decided on Kicker 46CSC464 (no regrets) and for a little extra I did the Kicker 11HS8 hideaway under the passenger seat. With all that being said, Crutchfield does sent all parts needed to install along with directions and since I'm in the state they are located I get free 1-day shipping.
With all that installed and put together the truck does sound perfect, and it's not over bearing to the ears, or to anyone I right with. Very happy with it all.
Now if I could have done things different I wouldn't have gone with the head unit I chose as I don't like having the app control. TBH it is really annoying to be logged into the app to use BT music on my phone. Other than that I'm content!