Audio system for single cab ( budget )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey yall, I've been wanting to upgrade my audio system in my 2000 single cab C2500. I currently have the stock stereo ( really iffy with the cassette adapter ) but plan on getting a Pioneer DEH-S7200BHS, I've replaced the speakers in my doors with DS-18 6.5s (a big improvement)_ and purchased the 4*6s that go in the pillars. I would like to run a subwoofer but I'm not too familiar with the audio scene, I want to feel some base. I would have around 250 ish to spend on the sub and amp. Thanks

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It’s simple and effective.

Edit* google p300-10t it’s a power sub in a truck box from fosgate. There is better options but this is in your price range.

RubnOneOut

Reaction score
IS there any reason you are looking at @ the DEH-S7200BHS by Pioneer for 199.00? I personally went with the DEH-S4220BT for 99.00. Reason being ill never utilize the 6 preamps and with Bluetooth i don't need a Xm radio cause if I have it on my phone why do I need on the radio itself? Plus I don't listen to XM I use Spotify more IMO. And the price range of 100.00 difference, it gave me room to put in better speakers. The 100 alone saved me enough to get my Front door setup from Crutchfield. They set all install items need including the Radio mount kit, harness antenna adapter, and for speakers mounting brackets and prewired hook-ups. So there was no cutting and splicing.
Hope this helps your decision. Also to add, These Pioneer models have a App base which you may not like. Really look into to it, I thought it would be cool but in the end I wish I went with something a bit more simple that doesn't have an app to set up the Treble mid and bass.

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IS there any reason you are looking at @ the DEH-S7200BHS by Pioneer for 199.00? I personally went with the DEH-S4220BT for 99.00. Reason being ill never utilize the 6 preamps and with Bluetooth i don't need a Xm radio cause if I have it on my phone why do I need on the radio itself? Plus I don't listen to XM I use Spotify more IMO. And the price range of 100.00 difference, it gave me room to put in better speakers. The 100 alone saved me enough to get my Front door setup from Crutchfield. They set all install items need including the Radio mount kit, harness antenna adapter, and for speakers mounting brackets and prewired hook-ups. So there was no cutting and splicing.
Hope this helps your decision. Also to add, These Pioneer models have a App base which you may not like. Really look into to it, I thought it would be cool but in the end I wish I went with something a bit more simple that doesn't have an app to set up the Treble mid and bass.

Not really a reason, just wasn't familiar with audio units and thought it had a good range of function. I was just wanting something that could have Bluetooth connection, control a subwoofer, and a lasting product. For $100 less and still providing good function I think I'm going to get it. And having someone else install is also a pro. Thanks

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It’s simple and effective.

Edit* google p300-10t it’s a power sub in a truck box from fosgate. There is better options but this is in your price range.
Looks like a good solution, has everything in one box prebuilt. I do have some friends that are more familiar with subs, and they recommended a shallow Skar 10" ($40 on ebay ), and said he could build a box for $100, not sure what amp to run though. Just wanting to know if this would compare to the Punch audio or not.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree skar does have some impressive “bang for your buck” my single svr 12 in a sealed box sounds better and is noticeably louder than every “walmart dual 12 ported” setup I’ve ever heard.