'96 single cab bench seat out, 60/40 in - need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yyc_obs

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've looked around here and while I know this topic has been discussed in length, I'm hoping someone might have some pictures or measurements they would share. I've got a 1996 single cab 2wd that came with the bench seat, which I'm wanting to replace. I've pulled a 60/40 cloth seat from a 1996 suburban (manual adjustment) and as you probably know, the 60% side doesn't sit flat on the transmission tunnel due to the inboard riser being too tall.

My question is, does anyone have any pics of the riser they modified (cut down) or measurements of how much they removed from the riser, in order for it to sit flush with the passenger seat? My second question is, did GM not build single cab trucks with a 60/40 seat where this riser would be available to swap in, rather than cutting & welding or hammering the transmission tunnel down?

Thanks in advance for the help!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the sub' a 4 x4 ? Or are both two wheel drive and sub tunnel is different than pickup?

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a40/60 and a 60/40. 40/60 was in 2wd 92 suburban and power. 60/40 is manual in a 95 single cab k2500. I'm not at home or I would look at the mounts. The 40/60 power is going into 97 k2500 single cab

Yyc_obs

Reaction score
Is the sub' a 4 x4 ? Or are both two wheel drive and sub tunnel is different than pickup?
Sub was 4x4 but I believe the different is just that the floor is flatter because it has a back seat. The floor in my single cab comes up about 5” right behind the seats, and the trans tunnel transitions to meet that lifted floor area instead of tapering downward.

Yyc_obs

Reaction score
I've got a40/60 and a 60/40. 40/60 was in 2wd 92 suburban and power. 60/40 is manual in a 95 single cab k2500. I'm not at home or I would look at the mounts. The 40/60 power is going into 97 k2500 single cab
I’d appreciate a pic if and when you get some time and if you don’t mind, of course. The mount on this seat is much taller at the back and to accommodate the lower trans tunnel. I’m thinking the two “feet” should be about the same height for the seat to sit flat in this truck.

Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_3521.jpeg
    IMG_3521.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 9

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 95 single cab c1500 with the 60/40 manual seat I have just removed to put a bench in.
You must be registered for see images attach

The riser is taller at the front of the seat, as you have noted. The bottom of the back foot is 2 3/8" down from the seat frame. The front foot is 3 1/2" from the seat frame. This is a factory riser, not cut down or modified. Hope this helps!

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d appreciate a pic if and when you get some time and if you don’t mind, of course. The mount on this seat is much taller at the back and to accommodate the lower trans tunnel. I’m thinking the two “feet” should be about the same height for the seat to sit flat in this truck.

Thank you!!
I'm headed home for a day soon ill look at both seats and compare them. I'll take pics

Yyc_obs

Reaction score
I have a 95 single cab c1500 with the 60/40 manual seat I have just removed to put a bench in.
You must be registered for see images attach

The riser is taller at the front of the seat, as you have noted. The bottom of the back foot is 2 3/8" down from the seat frame. The front foot is 3 1/2" from the seat frame. This is a factory riser, not cut down or modified. Hope this helps!
YES!! thank you, that’s exactly what I wanted to see. Any chance you want to sell me that riser assembly?

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
YES!! thank you, that’s exactly what I wanted to see. Any chance you want to sell me that riser assembly?
Just the short riser? I'd like to keep the lever arm side, since the one on my replacement bench is more worn and they're interchangeable