Converting cloth 60/40 to leather help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, I’m down in the metro Atlanta area and it’s impossible to find a 95-99 tan leather 60/40 bench seat for under $800, none in yards either. However there are many cloth 60/40 bench seats for $100, usually in gray. So here’s the question, could I buy a cloth version, replace the seat foam by carving off the center seat foam and contact cementing it to a driver bucket seat foam to create a 60 size bench foam, replacing the cloth driver back rest with my leather captains back rest, if need be painting the gray Plastic parts with color bond 650 ? And then covering the driver seating area with something like a seat shop driver 60 size leather bench cover ? I would keep the passenger side bucket back with its folding arm rest and attach it to the bench seat frame . The swapped rear back rear from the bucket would also have an arm rest. So it would look kinda busy with 3 arm rests in a row, but other than the foam seat Velcro channels being different in the cloth seats , are there any other physical differences between the cloth and leather drivers side 60/40 bench ? Thanks
PS I don’t mind doing all this work because even the tan leather 60/40’s I find need the driver seat leather bottom replaced anyway.

Last edited: