Best subs for dual 12" under rear seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe he wants you to take a look at the Down4 sound equipment.....

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Itll be underpowered...... 1200-1500rms is what I would do and there's absolutely no reason to be running an amplifier at .5 ohms except to brag you're running .5 ohms... if you have to run your amp at that ohmage to get the power, then you were to cheap to buy the right size amp! Just my opinion.....

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was lookin at some Taramps last night.. they are rated for 0.5 ohms. They aren't too cheap though. My dad has his two 12"s running at 0.5 ohms and they bang, he wired them to 1 ohm the other day and there wasn't as much BOOM as 0.5 but still sounded good.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
if you have to run your amp at that ohmage to get the power, then you were to cheap to buy the right size amp!

Or you time traveled back to a 90's car audio competition where the classes were judged based on rated power at 4 Ohms. :lol:

My dad has his two 12"s running at 0.5 ohms and they bang, he wired them to 1 ohm the other day and there wasn't as much BOOM as 0.5 but still sounded good.

If he was running them off the same amp, that's because going from 0.5 Ohm to 1 Ohm cut the power they were getting significantly (think roughly 50%). Power goes up as Ohms go down, but it's not a free trade and most amps are not capable of super low loads. The lower you go with the Ohm load of the speakers, the hotter and less efficient your amp will run.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok... I believe the next steps will be designing the box and port. We know we need a min of 1.7 but would like a little wiggle room so 2^3ft is going to be our goal. First thing you're going to need to do is take out the jack/accessories holder, cause we're gonna need all the room. Next you're going to have to take measurements of the floor and draw it out. Get a front height, back height, total width, and a depth (front to back). Measure to the longest points on that depth. I'm gonna do the same tonight on my 93 and we can compare answers.

You're really going to need to decide how you're going to tackle the floor of the box. Part wood and part Fiberglass, all Fiberglass, all wood????? It's really going to be whatever your skill set is comfortable with....... all wood will have some good angles to be cut, Fiberglass will require knowing how to use it. Just let me know, we will get it figured out!