Best subs for dual 12" under rear seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can do the math with simple geometry!!! Pie*radius squared times the number of drivers will give you the total square inches of a woofer.....

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so if 4 6.5s = 1 12 is 6 6.5 a 15? and what is 4 8s?
(Radiusx2)*3.14159=total square inches of a woofer. Do the math! You'll be freakin surprised!

Then remember, you double the driver efficiency of the box when you add a second driver. Then you double the double when y0u add the third, and etc...... next thing you have a 110 dB efficient box!!!!!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And let's be real, if you can find a woofer with similar box requirements, then you can substitute that woofer for the DC. I CAN PERSONALLY ONLY SPEAK ON THE PERFORMANCE OF THE DC, I know it knocks!!!!

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a friend that moved a while ago but he has a burban and took out the rear seats and if I can remember correctly he built a ported box with eight dc audio 8 inch subs and that thing was flexing from the front bumber to the rear bumber. it was crazy, you could pop the rear and hear that thing from 5 miles away lol.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, let's just put the math put there and let's figure a box design as a perfect ending sernario. Follow along and ill try to answer all questions at the end. I worked with some sound engineers/speaker designers, so some of my figures are from equations and these are just my constants!!!!

(4) DC 6.6 wants 1.2^3ft.
1.2x16=19.2^in port opening.

Then we divide 19.2 by 3.14159 and that equals 6.112

We then need the square root of 6.112 and that equals 2.472

Remember those figures and we will plug them into an equation to get our port length.