Best subs for dual 12" under rear seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, when I stop and think about what subwoofers, how many, or what size to use. I typically look at the customers listening habits and music style.

on a scale of 1 to 10 whats your normal listening volume, and what are your 5 GOTO songs if you wanna get loud?

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally am a big fan of multiple small drivers... the cone area and box efficiency will add up quickly!!!

I just did this box a few days ago.

2023 Ford F150

(3) DC Audio m4 6.5
Alpine s2-A120m 1200 watt mono
1.33^3ft gross tuned to 32hz.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To be honest when im driving alone or with my girlfriend I have it cranked up there pretty high. I replaced all my factory speakers such as door speakers, tweeters, and rear pillars with kicker stuff. I'm not sure about my 5 go to songs but just anything with a lot of bass

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest when im driving alone or with my girlfriend I have it cranked up there pretty high. I replaced all my factory speakers such as door speakers, tweeters, and rear pillars with kicker stuff. I'm not sure about my 5 go to songs but just anything with a lot of bass
Cool.... so listening habits and genre are loud and heavy bass. So we know we will more then likely do a vented/ported enclosure for volume at lower frequencies.....

Now, have you purchased any equipment that will be used or would like to use.?

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From everything we've talked about, we can assume we want the woofers firing into the listening environment. We wanna generate bass and energy. So we need to look for a driver that we can fire forwards. That tells me either 6.5" or 8" drivers. Now remember, before you start ruling out the 6.5", everyone usually jumps to the 8", that you can do three 6.5" subs in the same airspace one 8" requires and three 6.5" subs have more cone area then a single 10" woofer.

The next thing we need to consider is how much air space is available for us to work with. The OBS truck is quite the challenge when it comes to this part of a build. Personally, I would fiberglass the bottom of the box, but doing wood is also an option. You can just squeeze ALL the airspace when you fiberglass. I just don't know your skill set when it comes to fabrication.......

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the looks of things and if my memory serves me, I believe you can do one solo x 8" in a vented enclosure properly and we will tune it around 32hz.

Now if it was me, I would stuff four (4) of the DC Audio m4 6.5" in a vented enclosure at 32hz and slap a 1500 watt (rms) amp on them and let em EAT!!!!