Where the reg cab sub guys at?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can fit a 10" (EDIT - Shallow mount) behind the seat no problem. As others have stated, use a grille if you're facing the speakers forward so the cone and surround won't ever be in danger of making contact with the seat. I fit two 12" shallow mount subs in my standard cab, one behind each seat. The grilles touch the seat backs, and I had to give up one click of travel on the seat base adjustment (and remove the factory jack/storage box obviously), but it works fine.

Last edited:

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put in buckets and built a center console enclosure.
Single 12" dc audio lvl 4. Console is 1.75 cu ft tuned to 35 htz. Port is firing up at the back top of the console

You must be registered for see images attach

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Single 12" dc audio lvl 4. Console is 1.75 cu ft tuned to 35 htz. Port is firing up at the back top of the console

I would do a center console sub set up but I'm kind of stuck in a sticky situation. My interior is blue and I want to change to a gray and black interior before I lay a console down so I don't have to pick it up later. Don't really have the money for a whole lot of interior stuff like seats and carpet as I'm getting body work and stuff done. Will be done one day though, do like that console a lot though

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm kind of new to sound systems. Why do some sub enclosures look like they have mazes in them? Sound travel? And then some of em have walls with holes in them on the inside

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Razorback

Reaction score
I've got one 12 in 2 cubic feet with the port in the front. I really like it personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

20160724_164852-jpg.46348

20160724_164741-jpg.46349

Would either of you happen to have measurements for these consoles? I'm thinking of making a custom one for my '97. None of the shallow mount solutions really stood out to me. I was going to go with a sealed box, but if you have suggestions you're willing to share for a ported box, I may look into that as well.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would either of you happen to have measurements for these consoles? I'm thinking of making a custom one for my '97. None of the shallow mount solutions really stood out to me. I was going to go with a sealed box, but if you have suggestions you're willing to share for a ported box,
I may look into that as well.
I've got measurements at home on the computer. The only issue with my design is depending on what seats you have and how much space you have between them. My bucket seats aren't factory and are pretty narrow compared to stockers