What did you do to your street truck today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Took it on a spotter call tonite, damn tornados, and I must've gotten too close. Woke up in a barn 150 yards from where I was driving and realized that the barn door was still closed...hope the farmer enjoys his new skylight:banghead:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took it on a spotter call tonite, damn tornados, and I must've gotten too close. Woke up in a barn 150 yards from where I was driving and realized that the barn door was still closed...hope the farmer enjoys his new skylight:banghead:

You do know that this is a "street truck" thread, right? Lowered trucks...

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took off my side moulding and removed adhesive leftovers via thumbnail. With it being 100 degress plus outside, it came right off...

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I compared it to a lamborghini gallardo superleggera at work today and decided that it being low is class then I am classier than a lambo... well as far as front valance clearance goes. then parked it 1/2inch from the wall and put my anti-dent pool noodle on and put her away until monday. YEA 4 day weekend!

willinthe985

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what I did. Cleaning the a/c so I decided to strip it and do an interior make-over. Going to black with buckets and center console.

willinthe985

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that's the way to really get it clean!

Well, I had to pull up the floor because there was like 1/2" of water sitting at the sills. All the matting was all soaked and starting to mold. Everybody keeps telling me it's the heater core but it looks fine. There wasn't any water in the lower cover. I think it's rain water because the drain for the cowl was clogged with leafs and crap from winter.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is what the evaporator looked like before I cleaned it. I imagine it was worse since a ton of other crap kept falling out as I was wrestling the blower box out. I don't know why, but these truck don't have filters for the a/c, which I am adding.

Last edited:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It could also be the plastic trim panel that seal's off the fresh air intake duct, they are prone to leak, if you want to check it out then here's what to do. First remove your windshield wiper's and then your wiper cowl, then on the passenger side under the cowl panel you will see one portion of the cowl that has a piece of sheetmetal covering it this piece is held on with seam sealer, you need a heat gun and a scrapper heat up the seam sealer to remove the panel. When the panel is removed you can then see the plastic bezel that keep's water out of the cab and hvac box, the factory seal goes bad in these truck's alot and leak's water in to the cab, just silicone or rtv all the way around the plastic bezel and it will not leak for a very long time. When you done resilicone or rtv the sheetmetal panel back down and reinstall wiper cowl and wiper's.