What did you do to your street truck today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98DDiesel

Reaction score
Installed a 7' plow on my 90 2500 work truck. How much of a PITA it is to install that hunk of steel. Got the plow for cheap installing it was another story. Lots of cussing and foul mouthing and a BFH to get it done. Its an old school plow with manual side to side. Will be painting it bright yellow next week.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got pics?

Also might want to post this in the "what did you do to your gmt400 today" not street truck...

cdub

Reaction score
Replaced rear drums and shoes. Installed larger wheel cylinder (designed for dually) much better braking. Old shoes were slick, hard as glass and severely cracked. Old drums had worn down so much I had to use the adjuster to bring the shoes in because of the groove to get the drums off. PITA pushing out the lock mechanism in order to turn the adjuster know backwards.
I wanted to do junkyard disc brake upgrade, but all the donor vehicle were already stripped clean and I needed brakes badly as the rears would completely lock up when wet.
Glad it's done.

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulled the heads off my motor, going to be installing a set of ProMaxx 64cc chamber aluminum cylinder heads.

Also, I'm not using the intake in the picture with the heads, installing a Summit Racing Stage 3 Air Gap style manifold instead.
You must be registered for see images attach

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bolted the heads on the motor last week, tonight going to get the intake all set on as well.

Might get the hole drilled in my other header for the wideband bung tonight too.

Intimi88tr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a/c delete pulley, shorter belt to bypass AIR smog pump, new projector headlights and front turn signals.

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bled the brakes, and fired up the truck last weekend. Replaced the serp belt and tensioner, no more squeak! Getting ready for spring to arrive!

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Got some at home shade tree front end work done. Still got a ways to go, eventually the entire front clip will be new but I'm trying to get it good enough for a state inspection and get it re-registered.

Here's a picture of me test fitting the grille. I'll put the new grille back on when the headlights are here.