Project: Redux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up a PCV valve today while at work. Alas, I didn't get a chance to try to start it today, but I will tomorrow. Rain put a hamper in my plans to pull the transfer case again so I'm gonna focus on my F100 instead.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went to start it today, it flooded out starting it.. didn't run worth a **** and was like WTF.. then realized I forgot the spring cup for the spring for the FPR. 5 minutes later and I had it fixed. Runs loads better now although it still is running rich.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Started removing stuff in prep for the transfer case swap. Sensor's unplugged, rear driveshaft removed, front one is being a *****... it's unbolted from the axle, bolts are out of the flange, won't come apart.. Soaking it in PB and gonna let it sit til tomorrow... Transfer case is really ******, won't engage it in 4x4, front shaft just spins and spins and the rear output doesn't move, had to break out my electric impact to bust the bolts outta the flange.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Transfer case is completely off the 4L60E and resting on the crossmember.. Front driveshaft is being a ***** and still not coming off and it's holding me up from getting the transfer case swapped... now that I have a better angle on it, I'm gonna try to drive a thin screwdriver between the flanges and see if that doesn't help.. last resort is I gotta buy Mapp gas... lol

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Transfer case is OUT. But I ran into a problem I thought I'd have.... the replacement Transfer case is a 32 spline input dated Aug 94, the old ****** up one is a 27 spline input dated Sep 93... I'm hoping that I can swap the input's straight over without a problem as I read the planetaries and input's were different from a certain year onward.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IDK if it was what it came out of, but we found it in the back of a K1500 Suburban and it was an Auto. Couldn't climb up under it to verify 4L60E or not.. just grabbed it and left. Oh well, if it uses the same bearing as my 27 spline it'll get the old input shaft from the messed up one.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Running into a brickwall trying to get the title from the PO.. I emailed a guy back in June about a title I needed for a Third Gen Camaro I had at the time, dude does court orders and gets titles that way, does over 200 a year. He charges $350, which is more than what it will cost me if the god damned PO would just sign and notarize the title and meet me or my buddy with it... But a week after he does all the stuff I get a title and tag in the mail and have IIRC 30 days to transfer the title.

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully the inputs match. I had the same problem when I converted to a manual trans. I thought I would be able to snatch the input out of t case that came with the 5 speed that I bought and throw it in mine. They were nowhere near the same though.

https://flic.kr/p/Y4zUHY