2000 C2500 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EJ_74

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I apologize for the dust on the valve covers, it's from all the pollen lately.

I removed and capped off the air intake resonators. Cleans up the engine bay and it sounds a little louder now. You can hear more of the wooshing sound when opening the throttle, not the same as a quadrajet but still cool.

EJ_74

Reaction score
Looks good, how’s the 383?
Thanks. It's definitely better than the worn out 350. I had a few problems at first, low oil pressure and transmission not shifting. Both were because of brand new, faulty sensors. I thought Standard Motor products was supposed to be a decent brand. And then I had to pull the upper plenum back off because my metering body gasket was leaking. But all is fine now. Runs good, just need to finish breaking it in. Feels strong, I want to see what it's like on the highway. Curious about the gas mileage too.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks about the sensors, but it happens, more than it should these days. I’ve used Standard before with good luck. I’ll bet you’re going to dig the 383, keep us posted.

EJ_74

Reaction score
My new exhaust has been noisy since I first installed it. Found one of the clamps before the muffler was not sealing well. The muffler itself was leaking between the body and pipe entrance. And the intermediate flange had blown the gasket out. The clamped-on tailpipe did not want to come off the muffler so I had to pull everything from the flange back as one piece.

Gap between the pipes. I tried putting the clamp in different positions but it still leaked.

Welded it together. I'm still learning, this is only my third time using a welder. I also added some beads to the muffler where the pipes go in. But I left the clamps to hopefully make disassembly easier when I get ready to put duals on it. I used two gaskets at the flange last time but I guess that wasn't enough. Used a lot of high temp RTV and one gasket this time. Leaks are gone now, sounds much better. I still want to do duals though after I decide on mufflers and find a good exhaust shop.

Yesterday was the truck's birthday (turned 24). I took it on the highway and finished the last 80 miles of the engine break in. The stroker seems pretty strong, it'll cruise and accelerate in 4th with little throttle pressure. Changed the oil, using synthetic now.