Reversion Raceworks 1999 C2500 Suburban "REVurban" Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Don't start that tailgate vs. barn door war, @skylark ... barn doors are superior!

Swang 'em open and load up the goodies..
You must be registered for see images attach

(If that picture doesn't have you hearing, "I AM SINISTAR" "I HUNGER" in your head, you missed out on one of the toughest Williams arcade games from the early 80's! ... "RUN, COWARD!")

Richard

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Don't start that tailgate vs. barn door war, @skylark ... barn doors are superior!

(If that picture doesn't have you hearing, "I AM SINISTAR" "I HUNGER" in your head, you missed out on one of the toughest Williams arcade games from the early 80's! ... "RUN, COWARD!")

Richard
We never did that with the 90 Burb (only square body Burb we had, of the 5, with doors) but you could swing them wide like that and walk up with boxes and just slide them in(had a sheet of masonite in the cargo area). The 'gates are better to be able to stage loads/boxes/crates on, for the person who is loading or unloading the Burb though.
My family worked a LOT of swap meets and shows, out of those Burbs. Many times in years past, we'd take the '79 and the '84, load em up, and head to the DFW for the weekend. Many shows around the Houston area too. The last few years, current Burb and Rawhide have taken over these tasks.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Richard
Truthfully if I had to rank rear doors it would be like this.
1 liftgate like on my 800 burb
2 barn doors
3 tailgate
I do love the look of a lowered hoe with a really nice tail.... gate though!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Truthfully if I had to rank rear doors it would be like this.
1 liftgate like on my 800 burb
2 barn doors
3 tailgate
I do love the look of a lowered hoe with a really nice tail.... gate though!
The lift gate on our '06 Denali was good, except for when my Dad or brother (both over 6') would smack their head on it. I never had that problem, being a little bit shorter.