Project: Redux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been away for a bit. Said project has been taking all my time along with OT at work..

Getting back to it this weekend hopefully. Transfer case is leaking in between the transmission and itself, so I'm gonna pull it off, clean the surfaces, and put a new gasket with RTV on it, then some RTV on the transfer case side and reinstall it. Also seems the drain plug is leaking even though it's tight so it probably needs thread sealant.

Still has the fugly 22's, haven't really touched it other than starting it to keep the battery charged. I'm gonna send off the title paper work at the end of the month and hopefully we'll have it on the road come Mid January. It still needs brakes, waiting to get the 1 ton calipers for that, have new ceramic pads and new rotors. I still need to beat the u joints out of the front driveshaft, install new ones and reinstall it. Need to find a blue bucket seat.

Started cutting the muffler off and didn't finish it, so that's still on the agenda too.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howza! Been working OT like crazy since before Christmas, finally winding down and have a weekend off. Its like 60 something degrees here in NE Oklahoma at the moment, finally got the t-case pulled and resealed between the trans and itself, also got the muffler cut off. Making steady progress from there hopefully. I still need to find a better set of wheels/tires as well.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been awhile! This thing is LONG gone now. I wound up not being able to get the tag/title for it, so I initially had it sold for $1000, dude drove like 3 hours to come get it, asked if I’d take $800, then tried to beat me down more on price. He said he only wanted it for the drivetrain, when he got here he nitpicked the hell out of it and tried to beat me down on price cause the front drive shaft needed u joints..

Anyway, I bought an ‘01 Tahoe from a friend/coworker awhile back, he was gonna yank the 5.3 and put it in a 78 Big 10 I also wound up with I fixed the Tahoe and got it titled and tagged and wound up driving it for awhile now. I’m fixing to help my parents with a move and help them fix the house up so I needed a truck. I’m supposed to be trading the Tahoe to a guy tomorrow for a 96 Ext Cab Short Bed C1500 that’s lowered 4” with the 5.7 Vortec and 4L60E.

Once I do, I’ll start a new thread and will pic dump and post in it.