Project: Redux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully the inputs match. I had the same problem when I converted to a manual trans. I thought I would be able to snatch the input out of t case that came with the 5 speed that I bought and throw it in mine. They were nowhere near the same though.

https://flic.kr/p/Y4zUHY

Inputs are different, one is a 27 and one a 32, main concern is if the bearings and planets are the same, if they are then it's a straight swap. The numbers on the front covers where the input is are exactly the same but without cracking the transfer cases open I'll never know for sure.

I plan on buying a good used Dewalt cordless impact tomorrow, hate really using my corded impact for everything, and since I don't have money for a big compressor nor room, electric it is.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went to Lowes and bought a new Kobalt 24v cordless impact, 2 batteries, and a charger for $265 OTD with a 1 year free replacement plan. This Impact had the best reviews online I found. Batteries are $10 a piece for it and they run the other Kobalt 24v tools too. Also got the snap ring pliers I needed and RTV and Blue Loctite in Gel form.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thread's on hold for a bit... both transfer cases have different planets and input bearings.. currently researching to see if everything else is the same, if so the one I picked at pull a part is brand ******* new inside with new forks and fork pads, sensors, chain, synchro's, etc. If so I'll swap all the hard parts over from that one to the old one.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wound up using everything but the front case, input shaft and planetaries from the new transfer case in the old one. Everything was new in it, oil pump, pickup, the shifter fork and slider and everything. Just got it all back together and didn't even have to use a manual to do it. The RTV is curing, tomorrow I'll stab the transfer case back in and hope for the best lol. Pics in a bit.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This was the cause of the cuhthunka sound lol....

You must be registered for see images attach

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New parts in the the old transfer case front half with old planets and input:

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Started this morning at 9am doing U Joints on my parent's '06 Trailblazer, wound up being a pain the ass and didn't get the damned thing done til almost 2.... then it took my brother and I all of 10 minutes to stab the transfer case into the burb.. ran out of fluid and it's not near capacity.... so I'm waiting til tomorrow and picking up some manual trans fluid for GM while I'm at work.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really did. Got my money's worth outta the $70 I paid for that transfer case lol.

I fired her up today after she sat for a week, started and ran like a champ. The joys of a new AGM battery lol.