Project: Redux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This little pump is an awesome freaking thing! I had a pump that looked similar to a grease gun that didn't work worth a ****!

You must be registered for see images attach

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drove it around the neighborhood today. I have a leak, might be the fill plug as I only finger tightened it. Haven't checked yet, will tomorrow. So far so good lol.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Dayum! Glad to see photos lol. Worst I've ever done to a 241 case was break the rear tail cone from a dirt to pavement burnout that broke more than just that.

5 speed c/k1500 trucks had a 32 spline output, as well as the nv4500 and 4L80/TH400 trucks. The only manual 5 speed I'm aware of is the S10 NV3500 that has a 27 spline output.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was the fill plug leaking. Didn't take it for a drive though, crackhead neighbors that like to call the cops were outside and the tag is out 3 months on the burb.

Finally got some good news on the title.. ***** that owned this before my buddy said someone ran a toll with the burb and she got sent a $40 bill for it. IDK how the **** someone ran a toll with it since it's sat since my buddy has had it but whatever. He's gonna pay her the $40 and I get my damned title.

So next on agenda, I gotta get the nasty old factory u-joints out of the front shaft and install two new joints. Get the wheel lock key from my buddy and do my front brakes, thought about doing the wheel hub assemblies at the same time but wanna go with a different brand than what we carry at work. Thinking Timken on those instead of the Moog's. Also wanna get my Flowtech Raptor muffler installed and get the clear lenses I want for the front clip and do the 4 corner mod. Also plan on LED's for it too.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a weird little quirk, can start the burb it'll run for a few seconds then die, no sputter, just die. Recrank and it's just fine. No SES light. Vacuum hoses are fine, PCV is new(see the TB rebuild in the previous 2 pages). I'm thinking IAC Valve, it was nasty when I rebuilt the TB but I didn't replace it as I didn't have the spare cash at the time. Thoughts?

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Started her up a few minutes ago, drove it across the street to the school parking lot, got out and made sure my transfer case was filled to the proper level. All is well! Should be meeting the ***** of an owner later this week to get the title transferred from her to us and my tag updated and away I go!

Snapped a couple pics while across the street. Still need to get my pads and rotors on and find a different set of wheels and tires!

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yesterday I went and got an IAC for the burb, won't know if that fixed my issue until I try to cold start it again. While I was in there I got some new wiper blades, and 2 cans of the Indigo Blue Metallic to color match the hood.. I didn't prep the hood worth a ****, just roughed it a tad and laid down both cans.. It's gonna take more than the two cans to get the color the same..

The lighter color you see in spots is where I ran outta paint.. I'll pick up a couple more cans when I'm at work Saturday and finish the hood. Have some clear coat in a can too, not the duplicolor stuff but should be comparable or a smidge better.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, I do NOT care about overspray on the grille. It's gonna get a sport grille in the near future along with the clear lenses.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got new Permadry Valve Cover gaskets installed. Easy part was getting the valve covers off... had to finagle **** to get them back on.. Inside of the old ones were NASTY! Good thing I hoard ****, had a fresh set of centerbolt valve covers from my last TBI engine to throw on!

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't gotten a finished pic yet, but I got the hood painted and cleared Sunday after work.. Still looks like **** cause I didn't prep it worth a hell but oh well. Tis just to make it look a tad better than the primered/rusty hood.

Also now that I got the lock key for the wheels I can do my brake rotors and pads and possibly the 1 ton calipers if I decide to go that far. I wanna get the clear lights and sport grille and black emblem ASAP. Also need to do the u-joints in the front shaft and get it installed again before winter really sets in.

Also still haven't gotten the title from the PO... she's being a royal pain in the ass and I'm thinking I'll just do the court order BS and get it that way.