New to me 2000 C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's possible that the tie rods are offset to one side and the steering wheel or steering shaft was jammed into place off center.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New cat installed.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also bolted on the front hitch today as well. Should get my tow hooks on Monday. Direct bolt on. For once, the directions are accurate in the 30 minute intall.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good looking truck man

Thanks, not nearly as nice as the one in your signature, but I can't complain for the price! I had been looking for a K series but they all seemed too expensive for the truck around here in Cali.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, not nearly as nice as the one in your signature, but I can't complain for the price! I had been looking for a K series but they all seemed too expensive for the truck around here in Cali.

I don't even have the big blue truck anymore. I wish I could find it again somehow. I just bought a 92 c3500 dually I lowered. There's a build about a page back.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, been busy with working so not much has been going on with the truck. I did finally manage to clear all the wonderful emissions issues. I replaced the lazy EGR and pcv valve that appeared to not be throwing a code but would not let my catalyst test run. Everything is running as a top so far (In terms of engine and transmission ;)).

As a bonus, I was able to get a new power steering pump and reservoir from Chevrolet installed as there was a known recall on the part. Now I have not seen any leaks from the power steering or brake system.

I will need to recant a statement about the truck earlier....I said it had a body lift, which is not accurate. The previous owner was not correct about that but no worries. I'll see what it actually is later - I'm not sure at this point!

I think I'm getting closer to my A/C wiring issue in that I noticed exposed live wires in my front passenger brakes, so I know that has to be causing a short somewhere but not sure if it's related.

It's possible that the tie rods are offset to one side and the steering wheel or steering shaft was jammed into place off center.

You may be correct about this! I need to snap some pics but the shaft boot has hit the header on the driver side now. I'll need to find a solution but that stupid bar was not a good or safe one. I think this will all need to be addressed with the lift/tires/steering that I'll need to purchase.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I haven't really updated this, have I? I've been busy with a bunch of crap.

So, solved the A/C issue. Had a bad wire and the main relay was arc'ing, so it would only work some of the times. Now, I got ice cold a/c!

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just about replaced all major sensors, full tune up stuff, all fluid changes, ALL NEW suspension and steering except for springs. Used A/C delco professional on everything. Rancho 9000's adjustable shocks, upper and lower intake manifold change.

Just need to fix the squishy brakes for towing and add a bed-liner for now. I'll also get new tires this winter. Probably will go with the BF Goodrich A/T's as I'm really only concerned with wet traction. Down the road will be the back-up camera and stereo but money and time will not allow for those wants right now. Speaking of wants....I need seat covers.

Truck sounds great and runs awesome. Super smooth.

Differential was in a lot better condition than I thought.

Love the rancho 9000's on this truck

All new A/C Delco Pro for steering and suspension..except for a couple things that they didn't have. Got those from Moog..

Had to clean the manifolds for hours as the original leaky injectors made a mess.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple of folks have asked how the full Gibson headers and exhaust sound. I also have a K&N, so it's a little deeper. The guy in the jeep stopped and was a little freaked out in the background...I suck at videos, so forgive me. I tried the track recorder extension through the Trque app but I couldn't export it. @cool_as_crap here it is:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media