New to me 2000 C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hacknwhack

Reaction score
I'm not the best at reading mode 6 data..
You should be able to look up a mode 6 chart and find the test id to see what sensor it corresponds to.
You could also drive it for while and wait for the readiness monitors to pass/fail and wait for an obd code to set.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not the best at reading mode 6 data..
You should be able to look up a mode 6 chart and find the test id to see what sensor it corresponds to.
You could also drive it for while and wait for the readiness monitors to pass/fail and wait for an obd code to set.

Good luck.

Thanks, yep Catalytic converter - P0430 looks like I'll need to weld in a new catalytic converter on bank 2.

Tongan310

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For your steering front end "kit" summit actually has a Moog Kit they carry for our trucks. (replaces just about everything beside the actual steering box.) For the suspension I am not sure as never really looked into that before which I will be soon.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For your steering front end "kit" summit actually has a Moog Kit they carry for our trucks. (replaces just about everything beside the actual steering box.) For the suspension I am not sure as never really looked into that before which I will be soon.

Thanks, do you happen to have a link? I couldn't locate it.

Tongan310

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
opps I lied. Seems that the kit I had saved on my computer was for a 97 camaro (I am a DA for not noticing). I did however get on moogs site and they have everything listed. Make purchasing all the parts easier. At the bottom of the page they list out all the part numbers so you can cross reference for later.

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/products/chevrolet_c3500_2000

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, going to get the cat done this weekend then hopefully get to the steering issues next.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice looking rig.

as said before, if you don't have the vacuum style brake booster, then you have the hydroboost system.

you said that you replaced the blower motor already, but did you inspect the purple wire coming from it? sometimes they are melted/damaged. could be part of the problem.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice looking rig.

as said before, if you don't have the vacuum style brake booster, then you have the hydroboost system.

you said that you replaced the blower motor already, but did you inspect the purple wire coming from it? sometimes they are melted/damaged. could be part of the problem.

Thanks, yep it's the hydro boost system. Brakes felt squishy but turned out that the damn reservoir cap wasn't seated properly when I got the truck. I believe the family friend had the fluids topped off and they didn't put it back on right.

I did not do a good inspection on the wires. I'll take a better look at that wire as well. I'm not entirely sure but I think it has to do with something with the AC because the transistor blew out twice after the ac was on.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, a new Cat is on the way from Summit racing. I'll get it welded in on Saturday. The smog laws in this state make it impossible to find a "legal" high flow cat. The good news is that the one I bought already has the 3" in/outlet so it should be an easy fit for the Gibson exhaust.

I spent a little time looking at the wires near the blower. The purple wire as well as all the other ones looked great near the blower. I checked out the other wires that connect to the a/c heat control unit. I did know that the previous owner had someone look at this issue before to no avail. I removed the cheap electrical tape that was used. I found one wire that had been crimped together and two more wires that had been opened to test for leads or shorts?

I am not sure if these are the issue causing a short or not. Does anyone have a detailed wiring schematic by chance? This seems like it's going to take some time (a lot of it) as I have no idea where the damn wires go. Seems like I'll need to test them for continuity but not sure if I can do this without an actual control module.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hacknwhack

Reaction score
Good luck

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk