New to me 2000 C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good luck

Thank you! Do you happen to have a larger diagram or link? I can read out most of it but some of it I can't.

The catalytic converter arrived from Summit Racing. Love their store, great prices, good customer service, and fast delivery! Not a bad price for a California emission cat with 3" inlet/outlet.
You must be registered for see images attach

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, I posted this question in another forum category but didn't get a response. I had a a piece of steel under the centerlink that i did not know what it was. Since I could see it was scraping the edges, I figured it was what was inhibiting the right turn radius issue. One of the nuts were welded on! WTF? I ended up cutting off the bar at the centerlink ends with my dewalt cutoff tool.

Now the truck has its full turning capabilities again! BUT the tires are rubbing on hard right turns. Doesn't seem that 315X75's should rub with this body lift but I am no expert. It may be because of all the terribly worn steering and suspension that I'll need to replace.

Last edited:

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So far, with my busy work schedule, I have only had time to work on the truck after my son goes to bed at night. I just removed the metal fender flares. I personally feel they make the truck a little cheap; it's probably because I live in southern California and there are a lot of crappy cars with very large chrome fender flares.

I am digging this look better. Although I did order another pair of black OEM large fender flares. We'll see if I ever get around to that since I'll need to remove the side molding.

I went to the liquor store to pick up some beer to celebrate my regained steering abilities.

Hacknwhack

Reaction score
best I can do.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hacknwhack

Reaction score
I get my wiring diagrams from the Autozone phone app.
It has a section called repair help. Then > go to vehicle repair guides then> wiring diagrams.
Not as easy or good as Alldata or mitchel.
But it's free...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

C30454

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, that piece attached to the center link was not factory. I have a '99 C3500 454 that I bought brand new, and is unmolested except for Kodiak door handles and towing mirrors, if you ever have any question about what is "stock". Although, I guess there could be a few minor differences due to Cali. vs. Federal emissions.

I like the lifted look, and didn't know they made kits to lift a 2WD. Is it a body lift or a suspension lift?
I'd probably never do it to my truck because it is an unmolested original, and for the unintended consequences of alterations like that. But it looks good nonetheless.

Tom

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, that piece attached to the center link was not factory. I have a '99 C3500 454 that I bought brand new, and is unmolested except for Kodiak door handles and towing mirrors, if you ever have any question about what is "stock". Although, I guess there could be a few minor differences due to Cali. vs. Federal emissions.

I like the lifted look, and didn't know they made kits to lift a 2WD. Is it a body lift or a suspension lift?
I'd probably never do it to my truck because it is an unmolested original, and for the unintended consequences of alterations like that. But it looks good nonetheless.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Personally, I've always liked these trucks with just a leveling kit. The truck did happen to already have a body lift; I'm not sure exactly how high.

Also, I will have a question about a stray wire in the engine bay :mad:

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
John I think you answered your own question when the truck rubbed after you chopped that piece off.

Yep, but the fact that the lack of steering to the right is just strange. This was a known problem from the previous owener. He simply didn't care to get it addressed.