my SAS ?'s thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
gotcha, thanks for clearing it up.

I think I am going to stick with TRE's just due to cost and ease of buying replacements locally if I get in a bind or something.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Why wouldn't heim's be dot legal?

because they are not and many states get you for it, there was a huge discussion long ago on pavementsucks about it as well as pirate and many magazines, most manufacturers will also tell you offroad only.

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow good info, and exactly what i was looking for as well.

I'll stick with TRE's then.

I've been searching for a cheaper drag link kit but haven't found anything, looks like wfo might be where I get mine from.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Just subbing in to get more info on mine as well. I will be running a Ford hp44 on mine so I won't have to change the t-case, but or the most part the rest is the same I believe. I know I will need the Chevy knuckles and such.

This is the best diagram I found to explain the HiSteer vs. Standard Crossover steering.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw that, the pic helps alot.

where did you find good places for like dom and tube ends?

I found them cheap enough but wasn't sure on the TRE's to get, figured they'd be tons cheaper on rockauto to buy them that way

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I saw that, the pic helps alot.

where did you find good places for like dom and tube ends?

I found them cheap enough but wasn't sure on the TRE's to get, figured they'd be tons cheaper on rockauto to buy them that way

Well I havent found one yet. I posted up asking and didnt really get an answer. I will probably just end up buying the kits from one of the many places.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
from what I seen you want at least .200 wall tubing and I'd guess that OD would be 1.5 or bigger?

most kits I seen like on wfo have the dimensions listed for their kits.

thing is most of the TRE rod ends say 7/8-18 and all I found on summits website was 7/8-14 threads.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Yeah I figured you can just buy like a length of it and cut to fit, then weld in the bungs and screw in the TREs right? I was going to try to find somewhere local to pick up some, or pick up one from a local yard and make it work.