SAS Trailblazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbhawaii

Reaction score
Hi guys im new to the community,
I have a 2005 chevy trailblazer 4.2 I6 4x4. I want to SAS it and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on what i should consider before getting into doing this swap and if someone could lead me in the right direction. I already know what kind of axles i should be looking at getting, i also decided on going with chevy 63 leaf springs instead of control arms, also i am looking at getting a np205 transfer case due to the fact trhat my transfer case is electric so a manual one would be easier to swap in.

Basically what im looking to learn is about brakes, and how to get more of a lift out of the leaf springs while still having good articulation.

If anyone has any info that could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much info you'll get here. The Trailblazer is outside the scope of this forum. Its based on the GMT-360 platform. I know of at least one forum member that owns one, but I believe it's in stock configuration.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The problem ur gonna have is getting the parts in Hawaii!!!!! Is there even anywhere to go wheeling out there?!? T-case depends on transmission. If you have a common 4l60, then an NP241 would be the simplest. And if ur running driver drop front axle, then an adaptor is gonna be expensive to run a 205. Leaves are the cheapest and easiest, but depends how much room and where to mount the hangers up front. Many run common 73-87 GM front springs. I’m running in one of my trucks now. Might wanna check out Irate4x4, used to be pirate but not sure what happened. BUT, make sure you search before you ask a question!!! Should be common knowledge but they like to bash on stuff that’s already out there…