my SAS ?'s thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
I neever seen anybody run the crossover right to the DS front and then the gear box, wouldn it work right or be backwards?

everyone I ever seen has run the bar from the gearbox to the ps knuckle. This guy ran his to the ds one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtbYdHKa9bk

the idler arm goes bad so often in stock form, that just seems like asking for failure now that it is getting pounded upward every time the suspension compresses along with having a shorter drag link which increases bumpsteer

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
idler arm?

I know what ya mean though just seems wrong to me, not to mention the flat plates they used for shackle drops front and rear.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
idler arm?

I know what ya mean though just seems wrong to me, not to mention the flat plates they used for shackle drops front and rear.

he kept the stock steering with pitman and idler arm and the center link the tie rods connect to, he then connected tie rods and a drag link into the tierod hole of the center link, another thought with that is the tie rods would be pretty small for that

its scary bootyfab

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you gotta be kidding me.

I thought he only used a drag link with ends, one directly connected to the pitman arm, the other directly to the knucle on the ds, then used another lower draglink to connect both knuckles.

WOW, just wow.

Anyways new question...

is it better to use the bent drag link bar offroad direct or unlimited sells, or use a straight one?

Also with either which pitman arm is best, a stocker or get a drop style?

I would assume whichever would give the straightest angle on the draglink rod.

That is the correct term? draglink? the bar from the pitman arm to the steering arm/knuckle? I don't want to confuse anyone.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
you gotta be kidding me.

I thought he only used a drag link with ends, one directly connected to the pitman arm, the other directly to the knucle on the ds, then used another lower draglink to connect both knuckles.

WOW, just wow.

Anyways new question...

is it better to use the bent drag link bar offroad direct or unlimited sells, or use a straight one?

Also with either which pitman arm is best, a stocker or get a drop style?

I would assume whichever would give the straightest angle on the draglink rod.

That is the correct term? draglink? the bar from the pitman arm to the steering arm/knuckle? I don't want to confuse anyone.

a straight bar is best for lower lifts and a bent one is needed for higher lifts so you dont run out of flex in the tierod/heim joint, i modified a stock pitman but i have heard of guys using jeep and dodge ones, i have a straight bar with lifted steering arm, my steering sucks as my truck is locked front and rear, i need to use throttle to turn most of the time.

draglink is the link from pitman to steering arm, center link goes from knuckle to knuckle, track bar goes from axle to frame and must run the same angle as the drag link or you get terrible bump steer

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
aahh ok thanks for the info man, straight bar it is. I saw some drop pitman arms online was going to use one of them.

My lift is not going to be huge, stock 52's up front, maybe add a leaf or zero rate/e-zinch and that's about it. MAYBE later buy some lifted 52's or something.

Now next question, if I use a gm 10 bolt say 86 or so, and I get a PS flat top knuckle, do I need to change the ds knuckle to a flat top as well or just leave the stock one on and be done?

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
aahh ok thanks for the info man, straight bar it is. I saw some drop pitman arms online was going to use one of them.

My lift is not going to be huge, stock 52's up front, maybe add a leaf or zero rate/e-zinch and that's about it. MAYBE later buy some lifted 52's or something.

Now next question, if I use a gm 10 bolt say 86 or so, and I get a PS flat top knuckle, do I need to change the ds knuckle to a flat top as well or just leave the stock one on and be done?

if you go high steer then no but if just plain crossover then you need the matching ds knuckle as the center link tie rod mounts the opposite way(bottom up vs top down) on the 10b vs the d44

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok lol I'm confused then.

I was going to do crossover only, not full hi steer, cheapest route.

so if I do that on a 10 bolt I'd need a dana 44 ps flat top and a dana 44 ds flat top or just any dana 44 ds knuckle then basically.

I was hoping a reg. gm 10 bolt knuckle would work.

if I do go hi steer then a gm knuckle on ds is fine, if so then do I need a 2 holed PS hi steer arm? one for the drag link and one for the center tie rod?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so if I do that on a 10 bolt I'd need a dana 44 ps flat top and a dana 44 ds flat top or just any dana 44 ds knuckle then basically.

I was hoping a reg. gm 10 bolt knuckle would work.

You dont need the d44 drivers side knuckle, just that your centerlink will be on an angle, from top of ps knuckle to bottom of ds knuckle. You can always drill out the hole and retaper it the other way, but the centerlink will still be on an angle somewhat as the 'arms' are different heights on the 2 knuckle.

Here's mine with d44 ps knuckle and corp 10 bolt ds. I'm just going to keep an eye out for a cheap d44 for sale locally and get the knuckle sometime.
You must be registered for see images attach

if I do go hi steer then a gm knuckle on ds is fine, if so then do I need a 2 holed PS hi steer arm? one for the drag link and one for the center tie rod?

Yes that is correct.