My DD Greenie - 96 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
uh oh, what happened?

He was wondering why I was sitting on side of the road... said and done, there was 1 city, 1 county, and 1 state police there. The state cop saw my ice chest in the back of the truck and asked if he could look in it, I told him sure. He asked what was I doing with all them Bud Lights? I told him, well its pretty obvious, I was going fishing and was gonna get drunk lol... He really didn't appreciate that too much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
He was wondering why I was sitting on side of the road... said and done, there was 1 city, 1 county, and 1 state police there. The state cop saw my ice chest in the back of the truck and asked if he could look in it, I told him sure. He asked what was I doing with all them Bud Lights? I told him, well its pretty obvious, I was going fishing and was gonna get drunk lol... He really didn't appreciate that too much.

....don't do that! haha

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Thats funny... Please take pics and list pns for the tranny swap,

Don't worry I'm keeping up with all my reference material, part number and prices, and taking pics... tranny is at the shop at the moment getting the output shaft swapped out to a 4x4 shaft... I've had a lot of set backs and delays but thats just part of swaps, people giving incorrect advice, and not having all the info in one place... But it'll happen. I also got a little something else in the fire as well but I ain't unveiling it quite yet.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what was nice about lrodder.... The write ups usually were really good with all the right parts and tools. The 80 swap is something I have been considering. I have the original tranny with 35s and stock gears, so when it goes I will look into the 80.

Good luck

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Well been awhile since I've updated anything but the 4l80 is in the truck... I gotta finish a few things like plugging all the harness back up, drill my new holes for the crossmember, and go pick up my adapter fittings for the cooling lines... then I guess try the rear driveshaft even though I know it's gotta be shortened... not much left but I just been busy.

However, the other week I did pick this little item up.

You must be registered for see images attach

408 sbc - I got it as a complete engine but tore it down just to the goods and gonna make it really stomp. It already has a forged bottom end and I have a ton of stuff on order from Summit - New aluminum heads, cam, intake, roller rockers, gaskets, studs, more carb stuff, etc. It's gonna be fun ;)

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
i like this build =)

Thanks bro. I'm pumped about the engine build, I think u guys are gonna be blown away at the power a 400 can make with a good set of heads, induction, and exhaust... I'm still aiming for 500rwhp and not 100% sure if I'll make it but its gonna be really really close.. torque on the other hand should be closer to 550 at the wheels.

I actually got everything damn near done today with the trans but after being up for over 24 hours, I was overdue for a good nap... now it's time for a beer... however, the shocking news is the freaking driveshaft fit! And fit perfectly matter of fact... could possibly be due to my lift or more of the bs misleading info I've come across. Not sure which it is yet.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
more misleading bs. easiest way to check driveshaft legth is measure from the face of the pinion seal to the tab on the rear yoke. where the u joint fit. then basically measure from the face of the slip yoke to the middle of the rear u joint cap. just make sure your slip yoke has room to use the trans as intended and its not bottoming out.