My DD Greenie - 96 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
more misleading bs. easiest way to check driveshaft legth is measure from the face of the pinion seal to the tab on the rear yoke. where the u joint fit. then basically measure from the face of the slip yoke to the middle of the rear u joint cap. just make sure your slip yoke has room to use the trans as intended and its not bottoming out.

No its not bottoming out, there was still about 1/2" of room before it actually would need shortening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Well the SOB is mobile... at least in the yard anyhow. Ran out of time f'in with the damn exhaust trying to get it to seal off.

I saw a thread about the ebay shorty headers the other day, like I run... and I can't strongly emphasize enough DO NOT BUY THEM CHEAP *** POS!!! They have been nothing but a complete headache since day one and will be coming off tomorrow in place of my long tubes! They won't seal off, can't get to spark plugs, cocked in towards the transmission, u name it... they suck.

I guess when I get the long tubes on, I'll actually make a road test... open header style lol

Last edited:

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Well the SOB is mobile... at least in the yard anyhow. Ran out of time f'in with the damn exhaust trying to get it to seal off.

I saw a thread about the ebay shorty headers the other day, like I run... and I can't strongly emphasize enough DO NOT BUY THEM CHEAP *** POS!!! They have been nothing but a complete headache since day one and will be coming off tomorrow in place of my long tubes! They won't seal off, can't get to spark plugs, cocked in towards the transmission, u name it... they suck.

I guess when I get the long tubes on, I'll actually make a road test... open header style lol

Those ebay headers are absolute garbage. Ran them for all of 2 minutes. I can't even pawn 'em off on anybody locally lol for less than what I paid!

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Those ebay headers are absolute garbage. Ran them for all of 2 minutes. I can't even pawn 'em off on anybody locally lol for less than what I paid!

Man I was actually thinking about selling them but I can't make myself sell them and feel honest about the sale. Hate to put someone else through all the bs I've had out of these. I don't even think their worth a cold 30 pack.... I was gonna swap em out with my LTs this morning but I'm still so irritated at them darn things, I just decided it would be best to wait till I was in a better mood :/

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Man I was actually thinking about selling them but I can't make myself sell them and feel honest about the sale. Hate to put someone else through all the bs I've had out of these. I don't even think their worth a cold 30 pack.... I was gonna swap em out with my LTs this morning but I'm still so irritated at them darn things, I just decided it would be best to wait till I was in a better mood :/

sometimes thats the best thing to do is wait till your in a good mood. im trying to do an oil pan atm and its a huge pain in the ass. big guy and big arms under a lifted truck with an oil pan still just plain out sucks.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
sometimes thats the best thing to do is wait till your in a good mood. im trying to do an oil pan atm and its a huge pain in the ass. big guy and big arms under a lifted truck with an oil pan still just plain out sucks.

Been there, done that. Luckily it was a 2wd... so it was alot lets bs in the way. Still a pain in the ass though.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score

Honestly I'd have felt bad selling them as well. Maybe throw them on the black truck once its back to life. They'll need a BFH just to be able to bolt them down -.-

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
I think I'm just gonna put em on my shelf.... I have a shelf in my shop with nothing but parts that have been huge pain in the *****... transmission parts, few broke rods, pistions, timing chains, pulleys, ect... everyone of them is a memory and them ******** will fit right in the club.