My DD Greenie - 96 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
So I bought my 96Z (Greenie) about 2 years ago to pull my 04 700rwhp Lightning to the track and 88 Jeep Wrangler on 40's to the trails after my Tahoe got totaled. It had 140,*** on the clock, new tranny, new Sony head unit, ton of new tune up parts, cowl hood, decent wheels, and a completely rebuilt front end... So a lot happened and I ended up selling most of my vehicles... The Lightning, my 88 4-Runner, my big Wrangler, then bought a 03 Ford Harley F-150 (480 rwhp) and a 2012 Mustang 5.0. Got a divorce and sold the Harley, 5.0, and the other 97 Jeep Wrangler got gone as well....Ended up with just a Nissan 370z weekend cruiser with a few mild bolt-ons and Greenie... So not having anything to drag race or fix up anymore I decided it was time to start putting some attention into Green. So I bought a few parts

MSD 6al
Billet distributor
Factory intake mods with K&N cone filter
SS shorty headers
3" Thrush welded muffler
Updated spider setup
Monroe monotube shocks
Ford Keys
RC AAL
4 HI mod
Lund flush fit, soft bed cover
Chrome bumper with billet grill & tear drop fogs
Nitto 285 Terra's
Electric 14" fans
Added another trans cooler & bypassed res
Pillar pod with wideband, boost, FP, and tranny temp
Sony 6.5" component set

At the house needing to be installed...
Complete Vortech V2 supercharger setup
4.10 gears
New upper ball joints for flip

And on the way as of yesterday...
RCX 4" Lift
Lots of charging upgrades, pics of both soon to come

BTW this is not my first 400... I've had my 98 Tahoe, a 92 stepside Z71, a 97 C1500... And maybe someone can help me out but I posted on FSC years ago about my black 97, think the thread was Fastest 96-98 FSC, as far as I know it was the fastest factory spider injection 400... Ran consistent high 12s in the quarter with very basic mods and 150 shot. No one every posted faster running the factory spider injection, not even the updated setup... Surely someone has beat that by now.

And anyhow this is what it looks like now, nothing special but I have more plans to come. Gonna get Green exactly how I want her and then get back in to drag racing, especially if me and the woman I'm dating keeps on going as good as we have been. Nice having a woman who enjoys the same things as you and makes as much money as you too... Lots of new possibilities :)

Attachments

• mean green 1.jpg
    mean green 1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 199
  • mean green.jpg
    mean green.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 142
  • $(KGrHqV,!okE9mbv!1piBPb7qbkKew~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqV,!okE9mbv!1piBPb7qbkKew~~60_12.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 141
  • house with Green and Z.jpg
    house with Green and Z.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Mean green gauges.jpg
    Mean green gauges.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Thanks bro, I've got alot of plans still... And out of all the things I've built and done, this is the most fun I've had in quite some time... Glad to be back working and fixing up a GM

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Completely sick! Have you seen Sam's truck? This could look a lot like his after the lift.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
How much did you get the RCX kit for?

$873 shipped from JC Whitney. Autopartswarehouse.com also has it for $873. Get on Retailmenot.com and look up the discount codes and put em to work. Saved me $145, love that site. I even called RC to see if they could beat the JC or APW price... Told me no, that it's impossible and no way I got it for that price! Suckers LOL...

Completely sick! Have you seen Sam's truck? This could look a lot like his after the lift.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

Yea I've seen it on here... Tried to buy it and was gonna use one of them, his or mine for parts truck... but he obviously wasn't interested all that much in selling it to me... Oh well...

So yesterday morning I worked on getting the water spots off my windows... Powerball, drill, and 3M professional rubbing compound... Worked like champ! Cleaner than my 370's windows. Also sprayed everything down with Zepreserve to get ready for the lift :)