My DD Greenie - 96 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
I decided to do some work to Greenie this evening since the next several days I have 12 hour shifts at work. So the first thing I did was remove the proper #15 fuse and got rid of the DRLs lol...

Next I put on my new alternator DR44G :) $80 off ebay and sucker works like a charm, really puts out a ton of juice compared to the stocker POS. Windows, headlights, fans, and everything just works so much better now, much less strain. Oh and btw, stock belt works with it as well. I had read somewhere on here that a 1" long belt is needed... BS :)

Then I wired up my fuse box to run all my accessories the proper and clean way.

I also added my temp probe to cut on/off my electric fans. No need to run my fans on ACC when it's 50-40 degrees outside, tried em out and it works great. Kicks on at about 210 and off at 170. Which only takes about a minute, my 14" electric Ebay fans kick ***. However I added a wired switch that I can manual turn the fans on just in case and it will work as key on as well. I used the factory cargo lamp switch as my manual fan switch. My cargo lamps have never worked anyhow and I've never like the look of aftermarket switches on a dash.

Didn't get a chance to start on my Big 3 install, which I'm gonna replace all of my power and ground wires... I've got 4 gauge and 1/0 gauge wire. And that should basically handle my electrical upgrades.

Attachments

• green alternator 1.jpg
    green alternator 1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 54
  • green alternator.jpg
    green alternator.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 57
  • green relays.jpg
    green relays.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 70
  • green fuse box.jpg
    green fuse box.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Well I finally got to work on the truck over the weekend and got the 4" RCX lift done. Gotta admit it turned out pretty good. I still gotta get my exhaust redone and most definitely gotta get a realignment done ASAP. I didn't lift the rear of the truck yet considering it was already lifted 3" so the truck sits up a little high in the front, but nothing to terrible. Install wasn't tooo bad but considering I completely did everything by myself, no power tools, no help, and not on a lift it took a longer than I expected. I prolly have around 16-18 hours in the install which I wasn't in no hurry, took plenty of beer breaks, and made sure everything was right. I also went ahead and installed new upper balljoints and flipped them. I'll also have a few notes of my own to add to the RCX help thread. Also sorry the truck is so dirty, really ain't had time to clean it all up and honestly didn't care since I was gonna be doing nothing but wrenching on it anyhow. I'll try to get better pics of it later.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
They probably won't be able to get the alignment in spec with the balljoints flipped unless you plan on cranking the hell out of it. That's the reason for you excessive positive camber. Looks good though!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can adjust the upper control arms yourself an get some of that out. I had to do that before I drove mine to.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
You can adjust the upper control arms yourself an get some of that out. I had to do that before I drove mine to.

Unless the knockouts haven't been removed. (I'm sure by now they have though) still Doubt they can pull them in enough.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless the knockouts haven't been removed. (I'm sure by now they have though) still Doubt they can pull them in enough.

Knockouts don't matter to him now. The a-arm drop brackets are slotted where the control arms go in. I agree that might still be to much to correct though.

My knockouts were and are still intact :D

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Knockouts don't matter to him now. The a-arm drop brackets are slotted where the control arms go in. I agree that might still be to much to correct though.

My knockouts were and are still intact :D

True that I forgot about the lift.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
They probably won't be able to get the alignment in spec with the balljoints flipped unless you plan on cranking the hell out of it. That's the reason for you excessive positive camber. Looks good though!

:think: Care to explain bro? I ain't quite following ya. Just not enough adjustment to correct the camber or ?

^And yea I'm gonna work on getting it a little more lined up before I go to the shop next week just to make it easier to drive. Still need to bleed the brakes as well.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ball joint flip is more for trucks with a lot of crank to help with the joint angle. Since you did the drop bracket lift it really isn't necessary unless your going to try an crank the thing to 8" of lift.

The joints being lower now pushes the wheels out farther an makes them lean. Your alignment might not be the best unless you put them back stock, or crank it to the sky....

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
The ball joint flip is more for trucks with a lot of crank to help with the joint angle. Since you did the drop bracket lift it really isn't necessary unless your going to try an crank the thing to 8" of lift.

The joints being lower now pushes the wheels out farther an makes them lean. Your alignment might not be the best unless you put them back stock, or crank it to the sky....

Correct!