My DD Greenie - 96 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
The ball joint flip is more for trucks with a lot of crank to help with the joint angle. Since you did the drop bracket lift it really isn't necessary unless your going to try an crank the thing to 8" of lift.

The joints being lower now pushes the wheels out farther an makes them lean. Your alignment might not be the best unless you put them back stock, or crank it to the sky....

Alright, thanks for the info bro... Luckily this is a pretty simple fix, I'll just em back on top. I didn't realize it would give it such positive camber but no biggie. Really appreciate the help fellas.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Np, truck looks good, but get the rear up an get rid of that Cali lean.

An get ready to start looking at aal, I got the itch to go higher already :rofl:

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Np, truck looks good, but get the rear up an get rid of that Cali lean.

An get ready to start looking at aal, I got the itch to go higher already :rofl:

Already have a AAL installed, that's the only lift item I have installed out back... lifted the crap out of my rearend and wore out leafs. Prolly need to get some 2" blocks, the 4" RC's are gonna be wayyy to much rear lift.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey ryanr I am a fellow L owner as well. I remember you sonic blue for LR...beauty with the 3.4.... Is that right? I got caught up on some bills and bought the truck in my sig. I had one like it when I was 17...l now 29. I am slowly fixing it up too. It is just time, time, time.

Truck looks good!

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Hey ryanr I am a fellow L owner as well. I remember you sonic blue for LR...beauty with the 3.4.... Is that right? I got caught up on some bills and bought the truck in my sig. I had one like it when I was 17...l now 29. I am slowly fixing it up too. It is just time, time, time.

Truck looks good!

Hey man, yep that's me :) Good to see another old L owner. I've gotten the Ford's outta my system for a bit and gone back to my roots. And yea I'm kinda doing the same thing as u, just a slow project.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the info bro... Luckily this is a pretty simple fix, I'll just em back on top. I didn't realize it would give it such positive camber but no biggie. Really appreciate the help fellas.

You dont even have to seperate the upper balljoint to flip it back. There is just enough room that if you unbolt the balljoint, jack on lower control arm, push knuckle in and turn the balljoint some the upper control arm will go down over it, not hard at all to do. Truck looks great.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
You dont even have to seperate the upper balljoint to flip it back. There is just enough room that if you unbolt the balljoint, jack on lower control arm, push knuckle in and turn the balljoint some the upper control arm will go down over it, not hard at all to do. Truck looks great.

Yea I'm gonna knock it out this morning if I'm up to it... Worked graveyard shift last night, luckily I got paid top dollar to get a couple hours of sleep LOL... BTW Here is a few pics of my old Ford trucks, my L and HD. I almost miss them LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I love the exhaust on both of those trucks.