My DD Greenie - 96 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Why the expense an trouble of the 411 swap when your going to a carb later? That money could have been spent on a stand alone controller for the 4l80 which you'll need with the carb correct?

Just wondering is all :shrug:

Damn Bluex... u need to do ur homework bubba. I thought u was up on the times man.

1. - To run a 4l80e, the computer must be tuned to run it.. 4l60e file is incompatible

2. - The factory pcm or 0411 pcm can be used as a stand alone trans controller with the necessary, simple mods

3. - To get the 0411 programmed only cost $110 setup for the 80 and all the emission and tm turned off so its carb ready via Lextech

4. - The 0411 is a far superior pcm than the black box. Its only makes sense if spending the money for a reprogram to get the best available product for a price that is cheaper than a basic black box program especially when u already have a 0411 pcm handy as I did. And this also opens up the world to efilive and hptuners for future tuneability.

Total investment for 0411 swap $150. Find me a 4l60/80 stand alone controller for that price? Most of my swap, including the trans, didnt cost too terribly much more than a controller itself.

When a carb swap is done, imo the simplest and most budget friendly is to use the tools u have at hand already and that includes the factory pcm or 0411 swap pcm. There is absolutely no need to run a stand alone, expensive controller when all that is required is the factory calibrated pcm and a hand full of sensors to retain the 60 or 80 trans.

Carb swaps using the factory pcm to retain od and factory trans are very easy. Do a search, its on here, fsc, and several sites as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
trans controllers are ridiculous in price. 150 is a damn good deal plus your using a factory companent so if something goes bad then its an easy way to find a new one.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
trans controllers are ridiculous in price. 150 is a damn good deal plus your using a factory companent so if something goes bad then its an easy way to find a new one.

Exactly and if I do wanna switch back to efi in the future, it isn't nothing but putting back on my factory components and a new tune. Nothing is permanent. Its simple and cost effective

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do know all about the benefits of running the 411 over the black box. I'd never seen anyone keep one when switching to a carb to run only the trans though. In that case it makes plenty of sense :rofl:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
yea run it for the trans with the option of switching back to fuel injection and it doesnt even have to be vortec fuel injection it could be anything. its smart in my opinion.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
yea run it for the trans with the option of switching back to fuel injection and it doesnt even have to be vortec fuel injection it could be anything. its smart in my opinion.

Bingo. If I wanna go back with a FI LS swap or even build my own intake setup for the vortec I do whatever. Lots of possibilities.

Should be getting some more parts in tomorrow so maybe things can get moving a little bit more.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
i could see us being good friends i we lived close.

Now don't be getting all soft on me lmao. Yeah I'd get along just fine with the majority of the people on here... even though I had one fella call me a *** hole and a dick head... haha which prolly isn't a lie :D

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Now don't be getting all soft on me lmao. Yeah I'd get along just fine with the majority of the people on here... even though I had one fella call me a *** hole and a dick head... haha which prolly isn't a lie :D

tempted... TusconDude.... who was it :lol:

OT- Love the tecuk!

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
tempted... TusconDude.... who was it :lol:

OT- Love the tecuk!

I dont remember his name, he left me bad rep points as well lol... tickled the hell outta me

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a pic about 10 minutes after the tranny blowing, look at the trans temp gauge (in the ac vent), less than 120*.... and look at the damn pig behind me lol