My DD Greenie - 96 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Been alittle bit since I've updated anything on here but I really haven't done anything special except for maintenance stuff... New inside door handles, new door pins and bushings, new fuel hat assembly, and now working on a 4L80e swap since mine died... Stay tuned for a swap/build thread with part numbers, places I bought, research material, etc... the whole nine yards. I'm gonna do this one right because it's been so irritating finding research info because there is not a single 1 thread or website that has all the swap info in one place... A little here, a little there... email here and there... Few phone calls... And there is no sense in it, I'm gonna try to hook us up fellas. And I think y'all will be surprised how cheaply I'm doing this. Cheaper than most mildly built 4L60s. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Been alittle bit since I've updated anything on here but I really haven't done anything special except for maintenance stuff... New inside door handles, new door pins and bushings, new fuel hat assembly, and now working on a 4L80e swap since mine died... Stay tuned for a swap/build thread with part numbers, places I bought, research material, etc... the whole nine yards. I'm gonna do this one right because it's been so irritating finding research info because there is no a single 1 thread or website that has all the swap info in one place... A little here, a little there... email here and there... Few phone calls... And there is no sense in it, I'm gonna try to hook us up fellas. And I think y'all will be surprised how cheaply I'm doing this. Cheaper than most mildly built 4L60s. Stay tuned.

Good deal! Looking forward to it!

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Good deal! Looking forward to it!

Thanks man. May go ahead with the carb swap and throw my cam in there as well. I wanna get the bugs worked out before I strap my blow thru carb and supercharger on so I'll prolly go ahead and buy a 670 Street Avenger. Really need a back up anyhow in case something happens with the supercharger etc... But 4L80 first... Don't wanna get too much going at once.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Hmm :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
okay, I give up!!!! wiring is so nerve-racking for me

Ain't chit to it bro... Jeff-Lextech makes it easy. Since I had to get programmed for the 80, it only made sense to go back with a 0411 pcm. Still gotta do the tranny wiring but I'm shutting down for today. Super simple. I only ran into one little issue that I emailed Jeff about concerning some grounds but I'm almost 100% sure I have it worked out and he can make a note in his wiring instructions on 96s for future use.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Well I'm right in the middle of the 4l80 swap, I've had a few part setbacks and am at the mercy of the UPS man lol... nothing around here so I gotta order EVERYTHING. But the good news is I'm getting really close to having all my swap parts installed and sticking the tranny in. Also Im taking plenty of pics and keeping all my swap info and parts for y'all. BTW check out a pic of my pan from the built 60e....

You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why the expense an trouble of the 411 swap when your going to a carb later? That money could have been spent on a stand alone controller for the 4l80 which you'll need with the carb correct?

Just wondering is all :shrug: