My DD Greenie - 96 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Nuff said...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Installed my Lunati Voodoo cam today to verify my concerns... double roller chain will not work behind plastic vortec timing cover and I gotta have my 400 balancer machined down for the thickness of the reluctor wheel... no big deal, just small setbacks. Parts are rolling in like crazy around here so I'm gonna keep working on the things I can. Also gotta carry Green to the exhaust shop tomorrow and get the exhaust routed around to the long tubes...

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I believe COMP actually makes a 2 piece machined timing cover for the Vortec's. Most people use them for quick timing adjustments, but it may work for your clearance issues.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
I believe COMP actually makes a 2 piece machined timing cover for the Vortec's. Most people use them for quick timing adjustments, but it may work for your clearance issues.

Thanks man but its no big deal, I already have a new cover and went ahead and bought a hd single roller... I'd prefer a double (just because their the same price) but in all my drag racing bs, I have never heard of anyone even breaking a timing chain... single or double. Now I've seen some gear drive setups go bad but honestly for the power I'll be making and most others make on this board, single will be just fine. Most like overkill (like me usually) but no need in this situation.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Hello ProMaxx aluminum heads and 1.5 magnum full rollers :cool:

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The machining on those looks great.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Yeah they are machined very well. I know a long time ago some people had some issues with them when they first started getting into performance heads but them days are long gone (they were Patriot Performance back then). IMO best aluminum head for the $

Also got the balancer machined down today and gotta pick it up tomorrow. $20.

Things are moving right along.