FastOrange Build Thread: 1989 4x4 StepSide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So wait...running a shuttle to safely drunk drivers is unsafe according to ICBC or whatever......typical beurocrats. Heads so far up their ***** they cant see whats actually going on.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yup. And that 90 days is un-argueable. If you get convicted, it's a 1 year suspension, 10 points, a criminal record, & a gizmo in your vehicle that you have to blow into before you can start your vehicle. Any alcohol on your breath & it won't start. You have to pay for the install & rental for a year of that device, then pay to have it removed.
So in theory, an impaired charge means loss of your license for 15 months.
People that have been charged, but not convicted, & have lost their license & vehicle for that initial 90 days, have lost their jobs, houses, & business. All without legal representation or any recourse for their losses even if found innocent.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
It's a graduated licensing program. Absolute newbies get an 'L' sticker to put on the rear of the vehicle. It's about 4" square. Red. Severly restricted driving privelidges. Not to sure of what those are, but it's something like, no more than 2 passengers, & one of those people have to be over 21(?) with a valid driver's license. No driving after a certain hour at night, & no freeway driving. Restricted to certain speed limits.
After a certain amount of time, & (I think) a road test, some restrictions are lifted, but the amount of passengers can't be more than 3, & you can drive on your own, including on the freeway. The 'N' has to be displayed for a minimum of 2 years. Then another test, & some 'fees' to the Government.
There is a bit more to it than this. I had a license WAY before all this bueracracy was implimented.
What gets me though, is that some of the stupidest, most dangerous stunts that I see happening in traffic is done by the driver's with an 'N'. (Well that, & people that are not from here, and drive like they are still back in their 3rd. world country.) Passing on the right, lane changes with no signals, unsafe lane changes (cutting others off) speeding in residential areas. Arrogant attitudes. Apparently, if there is one infraction that occurs while driving under the 'N' restrictions, the person has to start all over again.
I could be wrong about some of the restrictions & requirements, but you get the idea.
A lot different from the day of writing a driving test (multiple choice), then going for a six block drive with an inspector, & if you got no more than 3 things wrong, boom, you're a 'Driver'!

Well I've eliminated Canada off my list of places I might like to live one day if I'd like to live in a freezer.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
45 deg. today. Fairly warm. Bit o' rain.
23 states are north of the most southern part of Canada. There's one border crossing that you go south to get into Canada from the U.S.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We have the same law in Alberta they just implemented the .05 rule not too long ago. I think .05 is ridiculus i believe that people who are way over the .08 are the ones way more likely to cause problems than people between .05 and .08

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
x3, we have that law here now, have to be 22 to have anthing in your system too, no matter what liscence you have

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
45 deg. today. Fairly warm. Bit o' rain.
23 states are north of the most southern part of Canada. There's one border crossing that you go south to get into Canada from the U.S.

One day I'll come up there kill some of your animals, but thats about it for me. Caribou, Moose, Elk...yes and thank you. But only for a week or two haha. It hit 70 here today btw. Oddly warm everywhere.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I had to blow into one of those gizmos to start a car the other day at work, the fvckin lady shut the car off, and when we asked her why she couldn't start it back up, she said "...I can't right now.."

:facepalm: And she's the one who drove it in, her husband was tailing behind her to pick her up.