95 Stepside daily

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked this up the other day. My son has been looking for a new daily for a while an this one fell in my lap. 95 305/4L60 about 216k miles. Really clean inside, all stock minus the recently done 4/6 drop an a Flowmaster muffler.

Might not be much of thread here since it really doesn't need to much. Plus the deal was no more major mods until he pays for it lol

It needs some brake work (pedal very mushy an probably won't slide a tire), upper knockouts done along with an alignment. The C notch still needs installed as well. He's looking at some gray torque thrusts in 17" at the moment. The tires on the camaro wheels are shot along with being too wide. It's from up north so it needs rockers an a corner that we're included with it. Besides that it's not super rusty though so I think someone tried to keep it nice for a while. Also got a smoothie bumper an a fleetside roll pan. The PO had plans to replace the bed. I'm not sure if that will stay or we will swap it.

The Interior/Dash are M I N T. I'm really surprised by that, the seat has one small place on the Dr edge but it honestly isn't bad. It might get the buckets from my dually and a 99-02 console I had to go with them. Then the interior would be 100% done basically.

You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few more pics. The bed has a few issues but not anything major I don't think. Will probably need a new tailgate. An some work to get it functional again, forgot about that. An the pass front fender has some rust in the wheel arch, hood is dented up, guess it needs more than I remember. Oh well, it was pretty cheap so still a win I think.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome find!!!! Frome one steppy owner to another.... enjoy!!!! There is definitely some welding in your future!!!! Lol
Nice square body too!
Thanks, I think I did ok on it even though it's a little rough. I guess time will tell bit hopefully it's not as bad as the last 95 I had.

I've had the square a long time. It should be my priority honestly but I like it so much it's hard to take it down for long term projects it needs.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scored these off the old FB MP for a decent deal. The tires are a bit small but they will do for now.

Water pump, hoses a belt and a master cylinder are on the way. The upper an lower hoses an one heater hose are still marked with 95 date code. The other has 2007 on it.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dunno how motivated you are for a decent bed, but there's a mint stepside bed in one of the yards local to me; been sitting for as long as I've been going. It's painted green and the fiberglass is in amazing shape, at least it was the last time I was there, all that was missing was the step-pads.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the water pump an hoses changed. NBS master an a brake flush is next. That's probably going to involve replacing the calipers I bet based on how they look.

We went ahead an did the knockouts so he can get an alignment an threw the new wheels on too.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the water pump an hoses changed. NBS master an a brake flush is next. That's probably going to involve replacing the calipers I bet based on how they look.

We went ahead an did the knockouts so he can get an alignment an threw the new wheels on too.
i think others can agree with me on this, the NBS master feels nice and stiff but if you get in an emergency stop situation, you will swap right back to an OBS master. I’m not completely advising against the swap, it does feel better than factory but if you do it get the 1.25” bore and not the 1.34”.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think others can agree with me on this, the NBS master feels nice and stiff but if you get in an emergency stop situation, you will swap right back to an OBS master. I’m not completely advising against the swap, it does feel better than factory but if you do it get the 1.25” bore and not the 1.34”.
When swapping brake component you have to look at the bore diameters as swapping to a different size will alter the pressure at the the pads. Sometimes a firmer pedal is because you aren't producing as much pressure as before. Hydraulic systems are about balancing the available pressure in (your foot on the pedal) against the required pressure out (Pad against the disc) to provide a safe stop in all conditions.