SPID Labels from 95 C2500 and 96 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

So I distinctly remember taking photos of the TBI 5.7... and they are gone. I have a picture of the R4 pancake only. WHY!? lol oh well my dad lives nearby. my 96 c1500 has been down a while needs a trans swap. BUt my dad got a good deal on a 95 c2500 shes rusty and the body is also green but a brighter shade than the 96, but it also has this weird feeling like the front end is a 88-91 not a 95. And the transmission, THANKFULLY, is a 4l80e!!!!!!!! I forget the mileage but it runs like dog poo, but I saw there was a lot of things underhood a little R & R cant fix.

it has a dumb 100amp CS121 alternator which is unfortunately the smallest they came with new. I dont know if the CS121 bracket accepts a CS130 or larger without having to get a new bracket. Hopefully. The mounting ears will have to at least be closer to eachother. My dad says it has a big parasaiitic drain and thats what my money si on it being.

3.73 rear makes me think its probably an 8 lug ... 14 bolt semi float? I dont remember if it had large shat hole in the cdenter for a full float. The brakes are second best it looks like, 13 inch rear drums? The booster and master cylinder look small.. so ibet the stuff was replaced with non JD7 brakes
its also got C6P rpo which was over 8600 gvw ahas a heavier frame and emissioins exempt in the 1980s squares, whats that mean for a gmt 400?

Any other thoughts? i included my 1996 c1500 because I took the ipcture at the same time so figured share

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

So I distinctly remember taking photos of the TBI 5.7... and they are gone. I have a picture of the R4 pancake only. WHY!? lol oh well my dad lives nearby. my 96 c1500 has been down a while needs a trans swap. BUt my dad got a good deal on a 95 c2500 shes rusty and the body is also green but a brighter shade than the 96, but it also has this weird feeling like the front end is a 88-91 not a 95. And the transmission, THANKFULLY, is a 4l80e!!!!!!!! I forget the mileage but it runs like dog poo, but I saw there was a lot of things underhood a little R & R cant fix.

it has a dumb 100amp CS121 alternator which is unfortunately the smallest they came with new. I dont know if the CS121 bracket accepts a CS130 or larger without having to get a new bracket. Hopefully. The mounting ears will have to at least be closer to eachother. My dad says it has a big parasaiitic drain and thats what my money si on it being.

3.73 rear makes me think its probably an 8 lug ... 14 bolt semi float? I dont remember if it had large shat hole in the cdenter for a full float. The brakes are second best it looks like, 13 inch rear drums? The booster and master cylinder look small.. so ibet the stuff was replaced with non JD7 brakes
its also got C6P rpo which was over 8600 gvw ahas a heavier frame and emissioins exempt in the 1980s squares, whats that mean for a gmt 400?

Any other thoughts? i included my 1996 c1500 because I took the ipcture at the same time so figured share
C6P is probably 8600# gvwr in the 400s. My C3500 CCLB is C6U which is 9000# gvwr. JD7 is hydro boost, but 13 x 2 1/2 instead of 13 x 3 1/2 drums/shoes. My truck is JD8. The 400 pickups got the smaller alternator because they don't have rear HVAC like the SUVs. Probably could have been ordered with a larger one but most didn't. My truck has a 100amp unit and on a stock truck it's fine. Charges at 13.5 or 14v when it needs to.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
C6P is probably 8600# gvwr in the 400s. My C3500 CCLB is C6U which is 9000# gvwr. JD7 is hydro boost, but 13 x 2 1/2 instead of 13 x 3 1/2 drums/shoes. My truck is JD8. The 400 pickups got the smaller alternator because they don't have rear HVAC like the SUVs. Probably could have been ordered with a larger one but most didn't. My truck has a 100amp unit and on a stock truck it's fine. Charges at 13.5 or 14v when it needs to.
I know but the next step up is a 9 mm larger stator and 105 amp, like, common gm...
lol

And are you sure about hydroboost? I could of swore i just saw a vacuum booster and normal master cylinder yesterday. Too bad I didnt take the photos i thought i did
my bad. the sticker says JB7

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you wanna know exactly what the RPO is specifically use the service manual for that year. In the first chapter is the complete description of vin, model code, trans ID, the RPO codes, description for that year. In the " Bakes " chapter the last few pages are torque values, special tools and brake RPO code size, type, brake chart.