95 Stepside daily

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk how you northern guys do it. This is awful....

You must be registered for see images attach

Tank itself doesn't look to bad. Def need straps, a front bracket, sending unit an lines. I'm going to start looking for a frame now I guess. This one is just so crunchy it folds an bends everytime we jack it up. Not looking forward to that at all but this one is sketchy. Doubts on if it's worth all the trouble or not.
Jesus. My ‘92 doesn’t even look that bad and it’s spent it’s whole life in Northern IL. Should be able to get a frame or a parts truck for cheap enough.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Local salvage yard quoted me 650 for one with front suspension but no axle. I just redid everything in the front of this one so I don't really need anything but the rails. I might go by there an see if they will sell it that way instead.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donor acquired, guess we are saving it...

Weren't supposed to get the cab an doors, the guy didn't get them pulled an wanted it gone anyway at the same price. It has a clean title so this 95 might turn into a 93 with 95 parts lol

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Donor acquired, guess we are saving it...

Weren't supposed to get the cab an doors, the guy didn't get them pulled an wanted it gone anyway at the same price. It has a clean title so this 95 might turn into a 93 with 95 parts lol
Is the interior still in the donor?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I grabbed a free fleetside bed from a buddy earlier this week. With that, we are officially just building the 93 now. He was already wanting a manual trans from my parts stash in the 95, we had better fenders, hood, silverado grill for it also. I grabbed the core support an inners from the parts truck we got the other stuff from so he essentially has a pretty complete truck, just in pieces lol. He's looking at engine options and we are keeping an eye put for interior parts that it needs. Eventually we will probably just sell the 95 as is, an hopefully break even on it at least....

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like he's really getting into it so that's cool!! :)

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The frame swap debacle has begun :eek:

He wants to keep the 95 interior so I guess we are keeping this cab. I read about swapping the older cab to that interior an I think it'll be easier to fix the rockers in this one :lol: famous last words right.... :doh2: