95 Stepside daily

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy D

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rust keeps on giving. One of the few rear brake lines I didn't replace broke last week. I didn't mess with it because it had already been done in generic parts store line. Got that fixed an the brakes bled. The fuel return line was also leaking so picked up some hid used lines from the fuel filter to the TBI since that was the bad side. Starting trying to replace them an it broke on the tank side. Of course it was full of gas an made a huge mess.

I hot wired the pump at the relay an like 2 hrs later had about all the gas drained into our other vehicles. Now I get to try an drop the tank an see what surprises await me there. I'm betting this turns into replacing a bunch of stuff too :doh2:
I 'spect you're right. Are you doing all this work or is the boy doing and learning too?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try and have small projects that I can work on nearby when my son is working on his truck. If he gets stuck, or it's getting late and he has to get back across town, I'll jump in, but mostly I try to get him to push on through when he gets stuck. Having a side project to distract me is critical for this.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try and have small projects that I can work on nearby when my son is working on his truck. If he gets stuck, or it's getting late and he has to get back across town, I'll jump in, but mostly I try to get him to push on through when he gets stuck. Having a side project to distract me is critical for this.
My dad is too daggum helpful sometimes lol

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk how you northern guys do it. This is awful....

You must be registered for see images attach

Tank itself doesn't look to bad. Def need straps, a front bracket, sending unit an lines. I'm going to start looking for a frame now I guess. This one is just so crunchy it folds an bends everytime we jack it up. Not looking forward to that at all but this one is sketchy. Doubts on if it's worth all the trouble or not.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Tank itself doesn't look to bad. Def need straps, a front bracket, sending unit an lines. I'm going to start looking for a frame now I guess. This one is just so crunchy it folds an bends everytime we jack it up. Not looking forward to that at all but this one is sketchy. Doubts on if it's worth all the trouble or not.
Do yourself a favor and just get a new tank. The hassle of having to drop it again isn't worth it. I had mine split at the seam years ago, couldn't fill more than 1/2 way obviously. But I didn't spend the extra for a new pump while it was out.....ya. Was maybe a year later I was dropping it again for the pump, actually turned out to be just the little rubber hose , but still a major pain in the butt.
As for the frame, that does look like it's seen better days. Roadster shop has awesome ones for $30k+!!!! Lol

Jimmy D

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yeah, after seeing those rockers and cab corners I knew it was bad underneath too. You might be better off looking for a cleaner southern frame to roll under your body if you really want to save that one.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well finally getting this all buttoned up again. I got a used set of lines from the tbi down to the filter. Everything else is brand new. Talk about an expense I didn't want to have....

Getting adapters an a 10' -6AN line "kit" with fittings from the Amazon speed shop was the cheapest option for this section. Ran about $85 for everything line wise. The replacement factory lines were $110 each.