FastOrange Build Thread: 1989 4x4 StepSide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Yep! Always do more than what's required!

Have you checked for other cracks? Like the other framerail across from where the crack that you have is now?
yup its all good.

fixed the crack, used a bracket that was meant to box in the frame for airbags, was going to put it on the inside but noticed that the shock mount was right in the way, so i modified it and bolted it on the outside, its basically a piece of angle iron, so im supporting the side and bottom of the frame, going to weld it up in a couple days.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
went though a road block today, got a box 2 inspection notice, for windshield and the gas filler neck.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
The ********!

Yup, cop was a huge dick, i was all nice, he even went as far as wiping his finger on my vent and wiping up what is clearly dust from work (I work at a sawmill) and asking me "you smoke dope in here, eh?" looked right him in the eye and said "Sir, the dust is clearly from work, i dont smoke dope" I had my hardhat on the floor and everything, Cops were just out to get people, had 3 other GMT400's over and walking around them.

Not a big deal though, like ive mentioned before, friend works at a autowreckers and i know they have a stepside there, soo ill grab the filler neck out of that (mines out of a Fleet) and ill put a windshield init, and my uncle owns a shop that does inspections, so ill go there and be all good.

also got a $109 ticket for not displaying "N", i should really get rid of it, just been too busy and not had the cash to do it.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Guys down here on the coast were getting fined for displaying the 'N' as a 'Z'. A judge finally slapped the cops upside the head & said that that was enough of that!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Guys down here on the coast were getting fined for displaying the 'N' as a 'Z'. A judge finally slapped the cops upside the head & said that that was enough of that!
i think the whole "N" is just a big money grab, the only difference between it and a class 5 is how many people can be in your vehicle and no alcohol in system, thats it, why should i pay $200 to get rid of it?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I kinda look at it as target on your back. Just gives the cops one more excuse to roust ya.
Some of the 'experienced' drivers I've seen should have them permanently on their vehicles.