Eiriks '95 ECSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brockstar15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I decided to try to cover up the bed since the weather has been getting to the box. This is me second attempt on a ghetto fab bed cover, its not perfect but it will do at least for the rest of the winter. I do plan on painting the rails black.
You must be registered for see images attach

another tablet shot.. glare is kinda bad in the pic

That bed cover is sweet! How exactly did you do it? I've seen people do it with sheetmetal.

eiriktveiten

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its going to sound a little rigged but for what i needed it for, it will do the job. I got everything from lowes for about 100 bucks. First I bought a sheet of 1/4" treated plywood, cut it 77.5x48", then framed it with 2x2s with cross braces every 12". Then I bought a 4x8' roll of 1/4" thick textured rubber and used loctite construction adhesive to glue it to the wood. I then framed the inside of the bed around the top edges recessed a little so the cover would sit flush. The trim around the sides is actually aluminum carpet threshold strips..lol ya i know.. rigged but i just got done painting them and Im liking how it looks especially compared to the blow thru box.

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i may have missed something but what happened to the heater controls? very nice truck tho, its like mine just not lifted haha. dont seem many ecss on here. props!

brockstar15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its going to sound a little rigged but for what i needed it for, it will do the job. I got everything from lowes for about 100 bucks. First I bought a sheet of 1/4" treated plywood, cut it 77.5x48", then framed it with 2x2s with cross braces every 12". Then I bought a 4x8' roll of 1/4" thick textured rubber and used loctite construction adhesive to glue it to the wood. I then framed the inside of the bed around the top edges recessed a little so the cover would sit flush. The trim around the sides is actually aluminum carpet threshold strips..lol ya i know.. rigged but i just got done painting them and Im liking how it looks especially compared to the blow thru box.

That thing is freaking sweet! I need to make me one but mine will be out of sheetmetal so I can paint it to match my truck!

brockstar15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i may have missed something but what happened to the heater controls? very nice truck tho, its like mine just not lifted haha. dont seem many ecss on here. props!

Lol now that I think about it, I want to know too. Did you just completely delete them or relocate them?

eiriktveiten

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I havent decided on that yet. I hav been looking into center consoles out of ford expeditions so might go that route n put them there. if not, they will go where the ashtray is in a custom bezel

eiriktveiten

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update on those heater controls... I went to the junkyard looking for some center consoles that would accommodate the HVAC controls. Found some that would work but not really look like i wanted so I left empty handed. That night me and my girl were talking about it and I told her I was thinking about just building one from scratch. She pretty much laughed and said she didnt think one could be built and still look good. Well, I dont take that kind of stuff lightly and told her I would build one lol.. This is the almost finished product built with materials I already had in the garage from previous projects. Keep in mind I still need to wrap the sides in the gray vinyl and do a little more cosmetic work on inside the armrest. I also installed 3 white leds, and two 12v outlets inside the console and another in the glove box, no smoking in my truck so no need for the ashtray. Anyways, tell me what yall think...

eiriktveiten

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man! Hopefully Ill find some gray vinyl tomorrow. ill get it looking better